Page 13 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: pistol-training.com 2011 Endurance Test Gun

Man, this has me worried. I just bought a Gen4 G19 a couple of weeks ago. Now, granted, I'm not going to run off to return the thing. It has experienced some FTE's, as I posted in another thread...but only when my girlfriend was firing, and then it was almost every other shot...so I know it was her grip.

I was really looking forward to seeing the endurance test results. In some ways, it sucks that it's pretty clear this isn't the results you'll see from a Gen4 in general so it's hard to really gauge this as true performance.

On the other hand, I'm dying to know what's at the root of the issue...and if it happens to be the springs. First thing I did when I got my Glock was pop it and check the model number on the spring. And I can't even slightly blame Todd for not wanting to carry what has only proven to him to be an unreliable pistol.

Id be curious to see how long an XDM fullsize would run, without incident. Since they are supposed to be bubba guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Comedian View Post
    Id be curious to see how long an XDM fullsize would run, without incident. Since they are supposed to be bubba guns.
    Talk about salt in Glock's wounds.

6Well my XDM 9mm 4.5" has 1600 rounds through it, no stopages. Its shot about 400 rounds per month.
    Last edited by Webb297; 03-18-2011 at 10:33 PM. Reason: added info on gun

It seems to me that Glock rushed this one to market before it was ready. A dangerous mistake that Smith & Wesson learned with the original Sigma line.

We are diminished
    I don't think they rushed it, I think they simply failed to test it with the kinds of ammo most Americans shoot. From what I gather, it's a battle the employees in Smyrna have been waging against Austria for a while now. The Austrians are so tied up in the idea of parts commonality that sometimes they sacrifice functionality.

I'd almost be wiling to bet the gun would run almost flawlessly for tens of thousands of rounds shooting the 124+p HST. I'm just not willing to spend the money to prove that for Glock's benefit.

So depending on what happens, is it possible you could switch to a 3rd gen 17 for the test? or are you gonna wait it out and see what Glock does about your 4th gen
    Chemist.

We are diminished
    I don't have a good way to answer that without sounding like Secret Squirrel. Suffice to say no final decisions have been made yet but it is my expectation that I will be shooting a Glock this year one way or the other.

Imagine you won't have to contact Glock for this gun as they've probably already heard the news and contacted you. Hopefully this will help put pressure on them to work out the Gen 4 issues faster.

I don't know why I did, but I went over to Glock Talk. Of course, there is a guy calling Todd a "limp-wrister) and a bunch of guys talking about how their Gen4s have hundreds of rounds with no issue.
    "I think we ought always to entertain our opinions with some measure of doubt. I shouldn't wish people dogmatically to believe any philosophy, not even mine." - Bertrand Russell

User Tag List