Page 60 of 61 FirstFirst ... 105058596061 LastLast

Thread: pistol-training.com 2011 Endurance Test Gun

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    HK fanbois and girlz are the worst, by far.

They're worse than flag-waving 1911 yayhoos who mumble quotes from Jeff Cooper in their sleep, celebrate JMB's birthday every year (it's the day before mine, in case you were wondering,) and make goofy cracks like "If it was good enough for Sergeant York, it's good enough for me!"

They're worse than guys who show up at GSSF matches wearing Glock hats, Glock shirts, a Glock windbreaker, and getting their Glock pistol in its Glock gun rug out of the Glock range bag that was in the back of their SUV with the Glock sticker on the back window and when they reach in to get it, you can see the big "G" logo tattooed on their arm. (Back in the early days of Win 95, I had a Glock desktop theme. Complete with .wav files of Tommy Lee Jones from US Marshals.)

HK owners are like BMW drivers. They think that by buying some mass-produced piece of Teutonic consumer goods, they have demonstrated, not only their discerning taste and refinement, but also their superior skill as an operator of said consumer good, because the skill comes in the box with the gun. P7 owners are tied with Mk23 owners as the pinnacles of the breed. (I actually cried when financial reasons compelled me to sell my first P7...)
    That is a first class rant. Should be in the Rant Field Manual!!!!

Do you think it more acute with P30 and HK45 drivers vs P2000?
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

So the last few pages have been about whether one derives 'joy' from shooting a given pistol; whether one finds it 'inspiring', and whether or not it has a 'soul'.

Sorry guys, but

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

Gosh, I have been away recreating (as in sleeping in a tent, hiking) around bears in the Wrangell-St.Elias area of Alaska, the last three days, and this thread seems to have progressed little.

First, folks that aren't getting joy out of shooting their Glock, or whatever platform, might want to work in some shotgun and rifle shooting. Second, after having surprised a bear at 15 yards yesterday, in thick cover, while holding my dog's leash in my left hand -- real joy is having a Glock 10mm, and having the lesson reinforced why Bill Rogers emphasizes one hand shooting so much.

How much was it supposed to progress beyond "your argument against joy is invalid?"
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Gosh, I have been away recreating (as in sleeping in a tent, hiking) around bears in the Wrangell-St.Elias area of Alaska, the last three days, and this thread seems to have progressed little.

First, folks that aren't getting joy out of shooting their Glock, or whatever platform, might want to work in some shotgun and rifle shooting. Second, after having surprised a bear at 15 yards yesterday, in thick cover, while holding my dog's leash in my left hand -- real joy is having a Glock 10mm, and having the lesson reinforced why Bill Rogers emphasizes one hand shooting so much.
    That's inspiring.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

HK owners are like BMW drivers. They think that by buying some mass-produced piece of Teutonic consumer goods, they have demonstrated, not only their discerning taste and refinement, but also their superior skill as an operator of said consumer good, because the skill comes in the box with the gun. P7 owners are tied with Mk23 owners as the pinnacles of the breed. (I actually cried when financial reasons compelled me to sell my first P7...)
    Don't you drive a BMW?

I don't understand... my P30 came with a laminated certificate of awesomeness and I have no reason to doubt it.
    Taking a break from social media.

One day I started up my Bimmer, and on-board computer asked if I was carrying an H&K that day. I replied "Of course, mon ami, anything less would be uncivilized. Why would you ask?" "Bad dream" was the reply. The skies were slightly overcast that day, a bit chilly, so I went with Los Delirious for my morning coffee rather than the usual Mokka Peaberry, even though I knew the Bimmer wouldn't approve. Luckily, we agreed that Stravinsky would be a good choice for that morning; I even took a longer route to allow the piece to finish.

Oh, I am sorry, what were you saying, dear?

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by DanH View Post
    Don't you drive a BMW?
    I'm glad someone seems to have caught the joke.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    I'm glad someone seems to have caught the joke.
    Well...when you're driving the X6M the skill really is in the box. Seriously. Ray Charles could hustle that thing around a track. Turning off the Teutonic nanny in the machine can be done, but you can almost feel the "NEINNEINNEINNEINNEIN!!!!!!" disturbance in the force when you do it.

...but on the plus side, you can find out how religious the person in the passenger's seat really is.

User Tag List