Welcome to the pistol-forum.com.
Page 60 of 62 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Exactly! That's where the Honda-Ferrari comparison fails. To some people, Glock is the Honda. To others, it's the Ferrari.
    Roger that! Ferrari analogy is jumping the shark. lol
    "There's a lot of middle between them, but not much middle ground." - Haraise

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I love this post! But to the bolded part - "It" the Glock doesn't lack "it"; the shooters lack "it" for the gun. Only way to explain why Glocks make others swoon even without "pride of ownership" qualities.
    Again, great post.
    So what you're saying is... It's not the gun... It's... me? Can it be true?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGzn7GSzQPQ

ETA: if you could ensure 2 were roll marked "10MM" and 3 were marked "10MM AUTO" and if one was marked "10" and the final was marked "HAMMER OF JESUS "THOR" CHRIST". That would be great.
    That last one comes with a copy of the Crusade Edition of the Bible (King James, of course).

I inherited a Crusade Edition of the Bible from my Grandmother, I did not know she was a gangster.

They asked me what I'd like to shoot and I jokingly said I'd like them to build me a pair of P30s in 357 SIG. They said they'd ask Germany but "it shouldn't be a problem."

Integrity forced me to decline. Not only would it have been a silly test -- a gun no one would ever be able to buy -- but in my heart I knew I'd find a couple of crazy HK zealots (multiple redundancies in that phrase) and sell them each for enough money to buy myself a small island.

Todd, Who had (has?) the crazier zealots, HK, Beretta, or Sig?

HK by many orders of magnitude. They also build incredible guns, so you can't really blame the fans.
    Donate to Rampage For The Cure!
    Todd Louis Green, pistol-training.com Train hard & stay safe!
    "Speed is the essence of war."
    Sun Tzu | Sometimes the fastest way to get fast is to go faster.

HK by many orders of magnitude. They also build incredible guns, so you can't really blame the fans.
    ROLFMAO

I don't blame the fans either. I wish I knew some to shoot with vs my boring Glocks.

Poser
    In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by wecole View Post
    Todd, Who had (has?) the crazier zealots, HK, Beretta, or Sig?
    HK fanbois and girlz are the worst, by far.

They're worse than flag-waving 1911 yayhoos who mumble quotes from Jeff Cooper in their sleep, celebrate JMB's birthday every year (it's the day before mine, in case you were wondering,) and make goofy cracks like "If it was good enough for Sergeant York, it's good enough for me!"

They're worse than guys who show up at GSSF matches wearing Glock hats, Glock shirts, a Glock windbreaker, and getting their Glock pistol in its Glock gun rug out of the Glock range bag that was in the back of their SUV with the Glock sticker on the back window and when they reach in to get it, you can see the big "G" logo tattooed on their arm. (Back in the early days of Win 95, I had a Glock desktop theme. Complete with .wav files of Tommy Lee Jones from US Marshals.)

HK owners are like BMW drivers. They think that by buying some mass-produced piece of Teutonic consumer goods, they have demonstrated, not only their discerning taste and refinement, but also their superior skill as an operator of said consumer good, because the skill comes in the box with the gun. P7 owners are tied with Mk23 owners as the pinnacles of the breed. (I actually cried when financial reasons compelled me to sell my first P7...)

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    HK fanbois and girlz are the worst, by far.

They're worse than flag-waving 1911 yayhoos who mumble quotes from Jeff Cooper in their sleep, celebrate JMB's birthday every year (it's the day before mine, in case you were wondering,) and make goofy cracks like "If it was good enough for Sergeant York, it's good enough for me!"

They're worse than guys who show up at GSSF matches wearing Glock hats, Glock shirts, a Glock windbreaker, and getting their Glock pistol in its Glock gun rug out of the Glock range bag that was in the back of their SUV with the Glock sticker on the back window and when they reach in to get it, you can see the big "G" logo tattooed on their arm. (Back in the early days of Win 95, I had a Glock desktop theme. Complete with .wav files of Tommy Lee Jones from US Marshals.)

HK owners are like BMW drivers. They think that by buying some mass-produced piece of Teutonic consumer goods, they have demonstrated, not only their discerning taste and refinement, but also their superior skill as an operator of said consumer good, because the skill comes in the box with the gun. P7 owners are tied with Mk23 owners as the pinnacles of the breed. (I actually cried when financial reasons compelled me to sell my first P7...)
    That is a first class rant. Should be in the Rant Field Manual!!!!

Do you think it more acute with P30 and HK45 drivers vs P2000?

So the last few pages have been about whether one derives 'joy' from shooting a given pistol; whether one finds it 'inspiring', and whether or not it has a 'soul'.

Sorry guys, but

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

Gosh, I have been away recreating (as in sleeping in a tent, hiking) around bears in the Wrangell-St.Elias area of Alaska, the last three days, and this thread seems to have progressed little.

First, folks that aren't getting joy out of shooting their Glock, or whatever platform, might want to work in some shotgun and rifle shooting. Second, after having surprised a bear at 15 yards yesterday, in thick cover, while holding my dog's leash in my left hand -- real joy is having a Glock 10mm, and having the lesson reinforced why Bill Rogers emphasizes one hand shooting so much.

Hobbyist
    How much was it supposed to progress beyond "your argument against joy is invalid?"