Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Recommendations to increase accuracy- Glock 34 Gen 4

Recommendations to increase accuracy- Glock 34 Gen 4

I just had my Gen 4 Glock 34 cut for a Delta Point Pro. As I was sighting it in, I was very underwhelmed with the accuracy.

- I shot the gun off a sand bag
    - I tried several different loadings, both hand loads (mine and a friends) and factory loads.
    - I had a friend (a very accomplished shooter) shoot the gun as well with similar results.

I still have a stock barrel in place. There is a bit of movement, both up and down and side to side when in battery. My thought is a new barrel, but which one? Do I go for a drop in like KKM, or a match fit barrel like BarSto?

Only other mods at the moment are a 13lb flat wire recoil spring and Vanek production trigger kit.

Thoughts? TIA.

What sort of group sizes are you getting at 25 yards?

And by different loadings, I assume that you are mixing up 115, 124, and 147 grain projectiles? I have found some of my pistols will shoot 115g bullets tighter than 124 and vice versa.

Any target pics?

How accurately did the pistol shoot before you had the work done? Was there a decrease in accuracy?

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    What type of bullets?

I’ve seen Hornady Critical Defense shrink group size to an astonishing degree in.40. Never tried it in 9mm.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
    What sort of group sizes are you getting at 25 yards?

And by different loadings, I assume that you are mixing up 115, 124, and 147 grain projectiles? I have found some of my pistols will shoot 115g bullets tighter than 124 and vice versa.

Any target pics?
    Yes, 115 and 124 factory, 124, 145, and 147 reloads - Titegroup, N320, and U-Clays. I'm not mixing them in the magazine though, shooting groups with each. I'm not holding 4" at 15 yards.

Didn't take pictures of the targets.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    How accurately did the pistol shoot before you had the work done? Was there a decrease in accuracy?
    I didn't shoot it much prior to the work. I had a wrong height front on it (I put adjustable sights from a different gun, but the front was too tall even with the rear adjustment). I never got good accuracy results before, but just thought it was that it wasn't sighted in properly.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    What type of bullets?

I’ve seen Hornady Critical Defense shrink group size to an astonishing degree in.40. Never tried it in 9mm.
    Factory, Montana Gold, and Bayou.

My MG reloads are shooting really tight groups in my Elite 2, Baer, and Premier 2. Admittedly, those guns (particularly the latter 2) are known to be more accurate than a GLOCK.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Might try something with a truncated cone like HAP or XTP. Tom Givens just mentioned that he thinks the new AE 147 is less accurate than the old truncated cone version, and I’m pretty sure he shoots a G34. Different guns like different bullets.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I’ve had good results from the KKM barrels in 40 and 40-9mm conversion barrel, both in my Glock 22. 124 gr AE was in this group. I have no experience with other barrels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The same gun, different barrels. Not a super scientific test with tightly controlled variables, but I would say a pretty realistic show of accuracy from the two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List