Thread: What is a Glock "minus" connector?

What is a Glock "minus" connector?

I recently purchased a Glock 19 gen 3. I've read Todd thinks a gen 3 with a NY spring 1 and a minus connector to be the perfect trigger combination. The "standard" connector is a 5.5 so would I be correct in assuming a minus to be a 4.5 connector? Thanks!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mynameisalex View Post
    I've read Todd thinks a gen 3 with a NY spring 1 and a minus connector to be the perfect trigger combination.
    I'm not Todd, and I don't speak for him, but I think he's changed his mind on this combination being perfect. He's not using that setup in his Gen4 test gun.

Yes, a "-" is a 4.5# connector.

Thanks for the quick reply and helpful answer JV. I think Todd draws a distinction between the gen 4 and gen 3.

From Week 30 of Glock gen4 Endurance Test

I played around a bit with the New York trigger return spring again this week. While it was manageable for most things and made my press-outs feel better, it was noticeably slower and made critical shots — especially one-handed — more difficult. It might be something I could just adapt to over time, but my current setup of a dot connector and standard trigger return spring still gives me a trigger pull a bit over five pounds. I prefer the heavier takeup of the NY spring, but wish it could be mated to a lighter overall break in the ~6# neighborhood. The gen3 guns with a minus connector and NY1 spring are perfect. Lacking that, I’ll stick with the stock setup on my gen4 guns.

http://pistol-training.com/archives/5482

Quote Originally Posted by Mynameisalex View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply and helpful answer JV. I think Todd draws a distinction between the gen 4 and gen 3.

From Week 30 of Glock gen4 Endurance Test

I played around a bit with the New York trigger return spring again this week. While it was manageable for most things and made my press-outs feel better, it was noticeably slower and made critical shots — especially one-handed — more difficult. It might be something I could just adapt to over time, but my current setup of a dot connector and standard trigger return spring still gives me a trigger pull a bit over five pounds. I prefer the heavier takeup of the NY spring, but wish it could be mated to a lighter overall break in the ~6# neighborhood. The gen3 guns with a minus connector and NY1 spring are perfect. Lacking that, I’ll stick with the stock setup on my gen4 guns.

http://pistol-training.com/archives/5482
    Good info, I plan on sticking with the stock setup on my gen4.

User Tag List