Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Want more rounds for your Hk P30?...

Want more rounds for your Hk P30?...

...bust out your round file, some M&P Arredondo adapters and M&P extended springs. The forward portion of the magazine well required a little bit of relieving to accommodate the forward portion of the magazine adapter, but nothing real severe. It took me about 5 minutes with the file pictured to get it to fit; it will lock in with the slide open or closed and a full 20 rounds loaded.

No feeding issues with 150 rounds through it today. I did have inconsistent issues locking back though. But, that isn't anything out of the ordinary for me and the P30.

Figured I'd share this for the P30 shooters who've been craving more rounds in their guns.
    And apologies, I can't seem to find my camera and I now see how crappy my BlackBerry's camera is.

I've been wondering about the Mec-Gar +2 mag extensions for the M&P.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

The P30 mag appears to be just a hair wider, it required a bit more force to push the adapter on, so it may work if there is a little bit of 'give' in the Mec-gar extension. I'm not entirely sure I'll be able to use this again on my M&P as it has stretched a bit.

What is the overall length with extension?
    Thanks in advance.

We are diminished
    I tried this back in '09 during my P30 test. I abandoned it because it was far too easy for the extended baseplate to bump forward, binding the spring or even worse coming off and dumping the contents of the magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    I tried this back in '09 during my P30 test. I abandoned it because it was far too easy for the extended baseplate to bump forward, binding the spring or even worse coming off and dumping the contents of the magazine.
    And that is just what I found today.
    20 rounds loaded into the mag(mag had been left loaded since Thursday), charged and fired once. Next round failure to feed. I pulled the mag to see that my rounds weren't being fed up at all. I had to dump all the rounds to see the follower bound at the base of the mag body. That took quite a bit of beating/manipulation with a solid cleaning rod to free. A few more attempts at a full 20 produced the same result.
    19 rounds was enough to keep the follower from binding at the mag/extension join. But it still failed to lock back every single time, even with another shooter shooting the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by jwperry View Post
    And that is just what I found today.
    20 rounds loaded into the mag(mag had been left loaded since Thursday), charged and fired once. Next round failure to feed. I pulled the mag to see that my rounds weren't being fed up at all. I had to dump all the rounds to see the follower bound at the base of the mag body. That took quite a bit of beating/manipulation with a solid cleaning rod to free. A few more attempts at a full 20 produced the same result.
    19 rounds was enough to keep the follower from binding at the mag/extension join. But it still failed to lock back every single time, even with another shooter shooting the gun.
    What about using some dabs of loc-tite to keep it in place?
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I suppose if you just have to compete in Limited with a P-30 this is a way to do it....but who competes in Limited with a P30?

Arredondo mag extensions are awesome for Glocks, but the M&P ones suck badly. Loctite won't help at all, but you can epoxy them on if you don't mind never taking your magazine apart, ever again.

It might be worth trying a Taylor Freelance M&P extension - they're Aluminum, and they secure on with two screws and a retaining plate.

The idea of cutting apart two P30 magazines and welding them into one long magazine is also interesting, but it would be difficult and seriously expensive.

-C

Quote Originally Posted by nwhpfan View Post
    I suppose if you just have to compete in Limited with a P-30 this is a way to do it....but who competes in Limited with a P30?
    I do.

"For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

User Tag List