Page 40 of 807 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140540 ... LastLast

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    That just frosts me so badly for so many different reasons that... I'm just not even going to get started; I don't have enough Tums in the house.
    Oh, but think of all the carnage on the streets of America if all those M14 parts had made it into the hands of the criminals. I know my first choice for a drive by would be a 50 inch plus battle rifle.

United Colors of Benetton terrorist:

"Three of the alleged attackers are from the United States, two are from Somalia and there is one each from Canada, Finland, Kenya and the United Kingdom, according to the list."

http://feedly.com/k/1bAkuan

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

today, a memorial for the victims was held at the washington dc Marine Barracks, just a couple blocks from the navy yard. perhaps clips from it have been seen on the local news.

the commanding officer of navsea gave an extremely emotional and meaningful (and short speech)

CNO and secnav's speech were solid and appropriate as well.

secdef, I think was ok. I can't really remember.

DC Mayor Gray gave a fiery stump speech for gun control.

potus gave a more measured stump speech for gun control, in his signature thoughtful and pseudo-intellectual style.

I couldn't believe it. at one point, he mentioned other countries, such as Australia, UK, etc, when having experienced just one mass shooting, took "drastic action". I swear I nearly puked. stomach almost turned over right there.

6 days ago the tragedy happened, and he made a political speech calling for gun control, and all at a memorial to honor and remember its victims.

I don't want to live on this planet anymore
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

Photos from Nairobi Mall: http://www.reuters.com/news/pictures...USRTX13TO7#a=1

As a guy 'not in the know', I noticed a lot of the police were in plain clothes. How the hell do you figure out who's the terrorist and who's the police in mayhem like this? I didn't see hanging badges, hats, etc, so it struck me as weird/bad/not-so-tactically-logical

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    IMPD officer killed by dirtbag when he goes through door to save the dirtbag's girlfriend and her baby.

It's a pretty unfair world where Bradway gets killed and Bisard might not even get prison.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    Photos from Nairobi Mall: http://www.reuters.com/news/pictures...USRTX13TO7#a=1

As a guy 'not in the know', I noticed a lot of the police were in plain clothes. How the hell do you figure out who's the terrorist and who's the police in mayhem like this? I didn't see hanging badges, hats, etc, so it struck me as weird/bad/not-so-tactically-logical
    I wonder who the two white guys in picture number 10 are. I have a feeling they are not the locale police.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    I wonder who the two white guys in picture number 10 are. I have a feeling they are not the locale police.
    I've seen in a few stories that Israeli special forces guys are on scene, FWIW.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    FWIW, Fox was reporting this morning that the Israeli's have been providing on site support/consulting.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Israel provides military aid to many nations in Africa, and I think the Kenyans are glad to have them there.

Nairobi update:

Samantha Lewthwaite, widow of 7/7 bomber Jermaine Lindsay, wanted by Kenyan police on a string of terror charges
    Westgate Shopping Centre on fire amid fears that terrorists have carried out suicide bomb attack
    Architect Ross Langdon, who had dual Australian and British nationality, is confirmed among the dead
    His Harvard-educated girlfriend Elif Yavuz was also killed. She was two weeks away from giving birth
    Foreign Office confirmed on Monday that four Britons have been killed in the atrocity
    Kenyan government says two militants have died in battle to retake the building
    Claims that five of the attackers are American and two are British
    Kenyan military official says terrorists are a 'multinational collection from all over the world'
    Al Shabaab militants today said they would kill the remaining hostages inside the Westgate Shopping Centre
    Kenyan official reveals he suspects the involvement of fugitive 7/7 'white widow' Samantha Lewthwaite
    Men, women and children slaughtered if they could not recite Koran or name Prophet Mohammed's mother
    Terrorists told French citizen 'they want to kill Kenyans and Americans'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2fjpFRv4K
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

User Tag List