Page 224 of 807 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224225226234274324724 ... LastLast
Results 2,231 to 2,240 of 8067

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Looks like another case of workplace violence.

Obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysLearning View Post
    Terrible. I'm curious -- a friend of mine in the service told me that when he enlisted in the mid 90s it was not uncommon to see officers and NCOs in CONUS armed with a pistol, even non-MPs. I'm curious how common that was, and why it stopped -- my buddy said he thought it was some Clinton-era order, but isn't sure.
    The only time I saw anyone openly armed on duty was if they had some sort of duty calling for it. The only time I was armed was guard duty, on either an ammo supply point or as Payday Guard.
    It was not uncommon for senior NCOs to be unofficially -- and illegally -- armed as late as the late 90s (I retired in 2000). It had long been known that gang bangers were enlisting hoping to learn mad skillz to be taken back to the block.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    The only time I saw anyone openly armed on duty was if they had some sort of duty calling for it. The only time I was armed was guard duty, on either an ammo supply point or as Payday Guard.
    It was not uncommon for senior NCOs to be unofficially -- and illegally -- armed as late as the late 90s (I retired in 2000). It had long been known that gang bangers were enlisting hoping to learn mad skillz to be taken back to the block.
    That was my experience as well up to my leaving AD in 97 and NG in 05. In fact I can tell you about entire convoys carrying all the MGs and small arms for an entire tank BN where the only soldiers (officially) armed were the supply sergeants.

Site Supporter
    Shooter named Muhammed Yousef Abdullaheez (sp?). One of the locations had a no gun ghost busters sign on the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Shooter named Muhammed Yousef Abdullaheez (sp?). One of the locations had a no gun ghost busters sign on the door.
    Surprise, surprise....
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

The frequency of these terrorist attacks on US soil against the men and women of our MIL/LE is becoming frustrating.

The inaction of the top brass and heads of states is even more frustrating.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

RIP Marines.

Hopefully this changes this idiotic stance on firearms. I have a friend that I deployed with who is a recruiter right now and I hope they allow him to defend himself if he needs to.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Marines should be armed.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Marines should be armed.
    Agreed. What would it take (other than common sense) to arm all officers in the military? A recruiting office is a military target for these jackwagons...for chrissakes
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by ADKilla View Post
    I'm sure that'll stir the pot about military concealed carry again.
    Only on the internet, unfortunately not at the Pentagon.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Obviously.
    When do we start the apology tour. These usually end up declared to be our fault....Bengazi was a video, Garland was because of taunting the Islamists, Ft. Hood was a hostile workplace, so I am sure they will find some reason to make this our fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Well, the gun free zone worked great again. US Marines that are some of the finest soldiers on the planet left to be lambs to the slaughter by a sign.

RIP to those who were murdered today. Never Forget who did it.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

User Tag List