Page 176 of 807 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186226276676 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 8069

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Site Supporter
    A teen is dead and his brother is charged after breaking into a home in southeast Mecklenburg County near Mint Hill on Tuesday, according to police.

A better title would be "14 year old shoots burglar to protect his Grandmothers house from robbery"

This isn't the first time his grandson has dealt with violence. WBTV learned the 14-year-old lost his father during a robbery-homicide in 2008.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    A teen is dead and his brother is charged after breaking into a home in southeast Mecklenburg County near Mint Hill on Tuesday, according to police.

A better title would be "14 year old shoots burglar to protect his Grandmothers house from robbery"
    Wow! English they would I wish speak. That's such a bizarre opening sentence. It almost makes it sound like one brother killed the other brother for breaking into his home.

How about "one brother dead and the other brother incarcerated after their b&e goes wrong."

Edit: Damn autocorrect.
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

We had a interesting crime spree locally.
    4 meth heads (2 men and 2 women) steal a car in small town Lovington, NM and drive it 1.5 hours west to Roswell, NM where they then carjacked someone at gunpoint for their pickup.
    They then turned around and drove 1.5 hours back to small town Lovington and shoplifted some stuff from a Bealls store (small clothing chain). When the manager confronted them at the doors they pulled a gun on him turning it into an armed robbery.
    A couple days later the stolen truck is intercepted by a Border Patrol agent 3 hours south near El Paso, Texas.
    There's a exchange of gunfire where one male meth head is shot multiple times, the other male runs off into the bushes and the two females are caught.
    http://krqe.com/2014/12/15/suspects-...t-with-police/
    A good little story for when I hear the "I only carry when I go to the big city" line.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

We had an OIS in Bowling Green, KY this past weekend when a Naperville IL resident tried to walk out of the newly opened Cabelas with a shoplifted AR stuffed into his pants. Details are sketchy, but evidently he tried to pull it out with an officer in pursuit. Bad plan. Thanks to Officer Phelps for getting this one off the street and preventing who knows what.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSixPack View Post
    We had an OIS in Bowling Green, KY this past weekend when a Naperville IL resident tried to walk out of the newly opened Cabelas with a shoplifted AR stuffed into his pants. Details are sketchy, but evidently he tried to pull it out with an officer in pursuit. Bad plan. Thanks to Officer Phelps for getting this one off the street and preventing who knows what.
    Shoving an AR into one's pants and walking right out of the store with it? No one will ever say he was the most intelligent or imaginative thief who ever lived.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    We had a interesting crime spree locally.
    4 meth heads (2 men and 2 women) steal a car in small town Lovington, NM and drive it 1.5 hours west to Roswell, NM where they then carjacked someone at gunpoint for their pickup.
    They then turned around and drove 1.5 hours back to small town Lovington and shoplifted some stuff from a Bealls store (small clothing chain). When the manager confronted them at the doors they pulled a gun on him turning it into an armed robbery.
    A couple days later the stolen truck is intercepted by a Border Patrol agent 3 hours south near El Paso, Texas.
    There's a exchange of gunfire where one male meth head is shot multiple times, the other male runs off into the bushes and the two females are caught.
    http://krqe.com/2014/12/15/suspects-...t-with-police/
    A good little story for when I hear the "I only carry when I go to the big city" line.
    yowzers. We have some good folks from the border patrol that are regulars at the Hobbs USPSA matches. I hope they are all ok.

Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post
    yowzers. We have some good folks from the border patrol that are regulars at the Hobbs USPSA matches. I hope they are all ok.
    Border Patrol officers were usually armed to the teeth, IME. I was stationed at White Sands in 1992-1993. We would catch illegals walking through the desert and call those guys. They were always heavy with weapons...even back then.

OIS in Raleigh yesterday:

Police say an officer shot a man in the torso Wednesday morning while responding to a 911 call at a Raleigh office building.

Investigators would not say what led to the shooting, but the situation appears to have started shortly before 8:30 a.m. when a woman at 3824 Barrett Drive, called 911 reporting that a "really, really big" man was hitting a "really small" man.

"We need somebody in this Suite 200 right now," the caller said. "There's a patient attacking one of our staff members."
    Read more at http://www.wral.com/officer-shoots-m...3lOrheKoDDd.99

From what I was told the guy was 300 lbs and was unarmed. News reports he had a pair of scissors. Who knows...Those details will be slow to come out...

Site Supporter
    Weatherman shot 13 times and lives to tell about it.

The station website reports the suspect exchanged words with the victim, on-air meteorologist Patrick Crawford, before pulling out a handgun and shooting several times. Crawford backed his car away from the shooter and drove up to a highway construction crew that called 911. Jim Hice, the station's news director, says Crawford was wounded in the shoulder and the abdomen.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

That was totally unnecessary and excessive! No one needs to be shot more than once! They could've just shot him in the leg and then robbed him. /sarcasm
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

OIS video released. Unfortunately his wingman got away.

A video showing the first on-duty deadly shooting by a Hedwig Village police officer in nearly two decades was released Thursday, authorities said.

The violent altercation happened late in the evening July 28, after Hedwig police officer Andra Gibson tried to stop a car making an illegal right turn, officials said.

The driver pulled to the side of the road, allowing a passenger to escape. The driver then sped away.

Gibson followed the car into Hunters Creek. The chase came to an end when the car hit a curb along the 800 block of Voss.

Hedwig Village police said the driver, identified as Emilio Solis, got out of the car and raised his hands as if surrendering. He then pulled out a gun and opened fire at the officer. The rounds hit the squad car, shattering a window.

Gibson returned fire, striking Solis four or five times. He was taken to Ben Taub General Hospital, where he died.

User Tag List