Page 177 of 807 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187227277677 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 8062

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

It looks like he dropped the first magazine on his reload. I'm impressed that he grabbed a new magazine instead of fumbling around to find the one he dropped. Guy has his stuff together.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

This might need is own thread: http://m.nydailynews.com/new-york/ny...icle-1.2051941

Animals! God speed the recovery of the officers and my condolences to the families. Details coming slow.
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Probably does deserve its own thread.

A couple of screenshots from the (now deactivated) Instagram account of the killer, along with a screenshot from news footage today.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmguy View Post
    Probably does deserve its own thread.
    I am not sure it does.
    POS

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ View Post
    South American IPSC shooter defended himself against a carjacking attempt in Argentina.

http://www.themodernsurvivalist.com/archives/3814
    I call BS. Everyone knows that competition stuff will get you killed on the street.

OIS in Mt. Vernon, Ohio on 12/13. This is the text of the MVPD Chiefs statement...

"Before I give an update of the case I would like to say that it is always a tragedy when there is loss of life. Our hearts go out to the people involved and their families of this situation and we wish them the best in this sad time.
    I have listened to the radio traffic, the 911 call, and have reviewed a preliminary report from the crime scene investigator from the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation.
    So here is what we know so far.
    On 12/13/2014 at approximately 01:38AM at 14 Plaza Drive in Mount Vernon, Ohio, we received a 911 call of a domestic disturbance involving an elderly victim and Mr. Logan Hall.
    Three officers of the Mount Vernon Police Department arrived at the residence within moments of each other. They had to force entry into the residence. The scene was chaotic. The victim and Mr. Hall were engaged in an altercation. There were weapons involved. At least one of the Officers issued verbal commands. One officer fired several less than lethal bean bag rounds. Then other Officer fired lethal rounds. Mr. Hall was pronounced dead at the scene. The elderly victim was transported to Knox Community Hospital for treatment.
    The Mount Vernon Police Department is conducting an internal investigation while the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation is handling the criminal investigation.
    I will conduct a preliminary administrative review to see if these Officers may return to work. I do not have an exact time frame for when this will happen but I will keep you informed.
    The Lead Detective for the Mount Vernon Police Department is Det Sgt Matthew Dailey.
    The Officers involved are
    Cpl. Reginald Young 6 years on the force and is a member of the Emergency Service Team (ESU).
    Officer Qade Lewis 5 years on the force and is a Field Training Officer
    Officer Zachary Miller less than 2 years on the force.
    I will not release who fired what type of rounds, due to the fact that the forensic evidence is not all in. I will not confirm what type or how many weapons the suspect had until the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation releases that information.
    These officers have the full support of the Mount Vernon Police Department. It is my belief based on the information at hand that these officers acted professionally and in accordance with their training.
    I will keep you all informed as much as possible,
    Thank you,

Chief Roger A. Monroe
    Chief of Police
    Mount Vernon Police Department

I actually talked to a veteran MVPD officer in my favorite LGS (owned by a former LEO) and while he couldn't give me details he did say that the responding officers did everything right. I can't quote him exactly because my memory sucks, but he said if they had a checklist of all the things you do before using deadly force they did it, right down the line.

Site Supporter
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/12/15...tcmp=obnetwork

Shoot out between a contract security guard and an unruly passenger being ejected from the bus. It's interesting that the transit authority is using contract security instead of sworn officers. I wonder if that was a factor in the shooting ?

Site Supporter
    Armed 16YO tried to rob shopper of Air Jordans

Another "Good Kid" fails at robbery attempt.

MIAMI TWP., OHIO - A 16-year-old Middletown High School football player wanted to buy the new Air Jordans on sale Saturday morning at the Dayton Mall.

But Jawaad Jabbar got there too late and the shoes were gone. So Jabbar tried to rob a pair from another shopper, police said, and he paid with his life.
    They even got it right at the end of the video, calling the CCW holder the "victim".
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

User Tag List