Page 162 of 807 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172212262662 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 8062

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

The two outstanding suspects in the DPS shooting last week were arrested tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Breaking: Man opens fire on police stations, cars in Snohomish County | Local & Regional | Seattle News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | KOMO News
    MARYSVILLE, Wash. -- Deputies say an armed man opened fire on police stations and patrol cars in three Snohomish County cities Wednesday night.

The bizarre series of events began around 9:30 p.m. when police reported shots being fired at an unmanned patrol car in Granite Falls, according to the Snohomish County sheriff's office.

A short time later, police in Lake Stevens reported taking gunfire at their Grade Road headquarters. Nobody was injured in either of the shootings, according to the sheriff's office.

Not long after the shooting in Lake Stevens, deputies responded to calls about a third shooting involving a law enforcement vehicle in Marysville.
    Suspect in custody, in the hospital. Sounds like attempted suicide-by-cop.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

I talked to a DPS Officer on a stop this morning. He told me the Officer was shot with a .357. The bullet entered his face to the right of his nose. It took out his upper teeth and fractured his jaw. It missed his caratoid and stopped about a millimeter from his spine. He was released from the hospital yesterday.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipulusArmorum View Post
    Homeowner who never fired a gun before uses pistol to stop intruder

His pistol malfunctioned after one shot, but that was apparently all he needed.
    The percentage of people who use guns with barely any knowledge, to absolutely no training whatsoever, is huge. Well done under pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    Daytime bank robbery near my house! Local business owner foils the getaway and kills one of the robbers.

http://www.abc15.com/news/region-pho...ery-in-phoenix
    Sounds like a brave guy with limited common sense.

Once they're out and ready to getaway, let 'em go, man...

Taking a nap... 1 out of 3.

Police said the 48-year-old homeowner was asleep inside when he heard a knock at the door.

He told officers he wasn't expecting anyone, so he didn't rush to answer it, but that's when he heard someone kick the door down.

Police said that's when he grabbed a gun.

"He was able to grab his handgun in the process of the three suspects breaking in the front door into his location," said officer Misty Floyd, San Antonio Police Department. "He was able to fire off several rounds. One of the rounds hit one of the suspects."

Quote Originally Posted by TR675 View Post
    Sounds like a brave guy with limited common sense.

Once they're out and ready to getaway, let 'em go, man...
    I applaud his efforts. 2 dirtbags committing a felony and he prevented a possible high speed chase which would've endangered many more lives.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by IRISH View Post
    The percentage of people who use guns with barely any knowledge, to absolutely no training whatsoever, is huge. Well done under pressure.
    It was, indeed, a good job. Still, dude needs to go buy himself a lottery ticket.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    It was, indeed, a good job. Still, dude needs to go buy himself a lottery ticket.
    Yep. But I don't think he's too different than a lot of people. Gun talk came up around friends of the family about a year ago and the husband mentioned he'd bought a Bersa .380 to have around "just in case".

I asked him how he liked shooting it and he said he hadn't, it'd been 2 years since he bought it. I asked him how he knew if it actually worked and his wide-eyed expression when the lightbulb went off was priceless. I took him shooting that weekend and he learned a lot about the reliability of his Bersa.

Great guy, good friend and he still owns that damn Bersa, that he hasn't shot since.

Quote Originally Posted by IRISH View Post
    I applaud his efforts. 2 dirtbags committing a felony and he prevented a possible high speed chase which would've endangered many more lives.
    Who knows if the gunfight, carjacking and car wrecks were a better outcome than if he'd just let 'em go, but I'd bet it wasn't. I'm not exactly the voice of experience here, of course...

User Tag List