Page 136 of 807 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186236636 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 8062

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Quote Originally Posted by cclaxton View Post
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...rown/14275115/

It was bound to happen. My point is that racism is everywhere around us and some police forces get infected with it.
    Cody
    ? I really don't get your point.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by JWinTN View Post

Pure hysteria bred from the idiocy of willful ignorance. Probably does deserve its own thread.
    Man, gay armies sure ain't what they used to be.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...rown/14275115/

It was bound to happen. My point is that racism is everywhere around us and some police forces get infected with it.
    Cody
    Cody, you are literally making no sense whatsoever. If the KKK raised money for you today, by your logic; YOU would be a racist.

Please think before posting, seriously. This is how poisonous rumors get started. Then post some real data correlating your unproven theory that some polices forces in America are "infected with racism."
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Cody, you are literally making no sense whatsoever. If the KKK raised money for you today, by your logic; YOU would be a racist.

Please think before posting, seriously. This is how poisonous rumors get started. Then post some real data correlating your unproven theory that some polices forces in America are "infected with racism."
    thank you LL, you have a way of saying exactly what I'm thinking but cant articulate into words.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    ? I really don't get your point.
    It's not complicated: Racism is still present in many communities, and these reports show that. Policemen and policewomen are going to inherit some of that, either from their own upbringing and experience or from the community they live in. In some cases it's worse than others. When you are on a mostly white police force and you see criminal behavior in the majority black community day in and day out, it's bound to create a bias. This is not new...we have known this to be the case for a long time. It is worse in many southern states. I am not saying that bias is wrong, but I am saying that, as public servants who are sworn to be fair to all, police have to be self-aware of those predispositions and ensure they are treating blacks with the same level of fairness they would whites. The black people in Ferguson are experiencing the results of that bias and Michael Brown was just the spark that ignited the community. I am not saying the Ferguson PD is a bunch of KKK. What I am saying is the net result of their enforcement over the years THEY FEEL is very unfair due to the way police treat them, which they view as racist. My main point is that racism still affects us all, police too.
    Cody

Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post

I am not saying that. I am just saying that race is playing a major role. I would expect that Darren would turn down any money raised by the KKK.
    But my point is that racism is not dead, but very much alive in our communities...and police aren't exempt.
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

I am not saying that. I am just saying that race is playing a major role. I would expect that Darren would turn down any money raised by the KKK.
    But my point is that racism is not dead, but very much alive in our communities...and police aren't exempt.
    Cody
    You seem hell bent on blaming the Ferguson incident and continuing unrest on racism and/or the police. You have not posted one whit of supporting data other than your own anecdotal experiences interwoven with your viewpoints.
    #RESIST

Ohhh there's some racism going on in Ferguson all right...
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Site Supporter
    What I am saying is the net result of their enforcement over the years THEY FEEL is very unfair due to the way police treat them, which they view as racist. My main point is that racism still affects us all, police too.
    Cody

Cody
    Racism is a 2-way street. Would you give any weight to the possibility that the citizens race biases are less attenuated than those of the police?

Yes, black people have (and continue to) endured a long history of biases against them. Generally speaking, the anger is well founded... and self destructive if you let it turn you into Al Sharpton..
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

It's not complicated: Racism is still present in many communities, and these reports show that. Policemen and policewomen are going to inherit some of that, either from their own upbringing and experience or from the community they live in. In some cases it's worse than others. When you are on a mostly white police force and you see criminal behavior in the majority black community day in and day out, it's bound to create a bias. This is not new...we have known this to be the case for a long time. It is worse in many southern states. I am not saying that bias is wrong, but I am saying that, as public servants who are sworn to be fair to all, police have to be self-aware of those predispositions and ensure they are treating blacks with the same level of fairness they would whites. The black people in Ferguson are experiencing the results of that bias and Michael Brown was just the spark that ignited the community. I am not saying the Ferguson PD is a bunch of KKK. What I am saying is the net result of their enforcement over the years THEY FEEL is very unfair due to the way police treat them, which they view as racist. My main point is that racism still affects us all, police too.
    Cody

Cody
    So, you're saying the police of Ferguson definitely had a racial "bias "(since you're backing away from charges of outright racism now) and this might indeed be their just desserts?

Are you going to cite any data or shall we just assume that:

Since black people are angry......white policemen are racist?
    #RESIST

User Tag List