Page 93 of 807 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193593 ... LastLast

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

"Holy... He really did say he was opposed to "routinely allowing arms on any base, military base, in the country."

What about the people that live on bases? Would he try to confiscate? Bunch of idiots..

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Where else in history has it been more important to have reflective belts than a personal weapon. It's a sad state of affairs where members of the MILITARY (you know....the folks tasked with destroying our enemies) are treated like children in pre school. We are doomed.
    Maybe we could put a trusted person from the civil organs in each unit to keep an eye on the troops and make sure they aren't overstressed and thinking unorthodox thoughts about shooting the place up or sexually harassing anybody. We could call them "zampolits" or something. You could make 'em in charge of issuing the reflective belts, too.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Maybe we could put a trusted person from the civil organs in each unit to keep an eye on the troops and make sure they aren't overstressed and thinking unorthodox thoughts about shooting the place up or sexually harassing anybody. We could call them "zampolits" or something. You could make 'em in charge of issuing the reflective belts, too.
    The troops could also attend daily compulsory lectures about the importance of defeating the Junkers, class enemies, kulaks, reactionaries and enemies of progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    What bothers me that as soon as they heard it was a soldier that did the shooting, "PTSD" was said before they even knew the guys background... Alienation of troops and veterans from civilians and law makers is a sad thing but they keep pushing it by saying/treating us as incapable of handling ourselves as adults.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Alienation of troops and veterans from civilians and law makers is a sad thing...
    Historically speaking, it's not just sad, but also the most dangerous thing a society can do.

Either the army becomes so enervated that it can no longer protect against external threats, or so alienated that it becomes an internal one itself.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

I think the problem is a deep one. Our society is in decline as a civilization. It is only a matter of time like all great societies that we become another blip in the history books. Personally, I think our demise will be economic collapse, but it could be a lot of things. Throughout history as great nations (and even crappy ones) have collapsed, it is always the military that steps in to take control and replaces the leadership with its own. I don't think this is lost on the progressives who not only understand that an armed populace is a impediment to their power grab as they take us farther and farther away from a Constitutional republic, but they are also well aware that an armed, well trained, professional military full of combat hardened conservative people who love the flag, mom, and apple pie is a real problem as well. It is why, I believe, that there is such a push towards the importance of reflective belts, transgender soldiers, no weapons, no thoughts of traditional sex and relationships, and that even driving a truck or being a mechanic near a place where there is some combat going on gives you immediate PTSD so you can be a "wounded warrior" (even if you never left a base or fired a single shot) is a total affront to what the military is supposed to be, what it is supposed to be for (DO NOT take this as being against anyone not in a combative role in the military as they are critically important-someone has to gas the stuff that drops the ordinance-but you shouldn't be getting PTSD from wrenching on truck motors). While I don't have the first hand experience with the military, I made the choice to go into the other place that is another source of power that is considered an enemy to the progressives if not tightly controlled, and that is in L/E where much of the same is going on.

In hundreds of years historians will look back and see that we fell just like every other empire before us, and that the destruction came from within.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    I think the problem is a deep one. Our society is in decline as a civilization. It is only a matter of time like all great societies that we become another blip in the history books. Personally, I think our demise will be economic collapse, but it could be a lot of things. Throughout history as great nations (and even crappy ones) have collapsed, it is always the military that steps in to take control and replaces the leadership with its own. I don't think this is lost on the progressives who not only understand that an armed populace is a impediment to their power grab as they take us farther and farther away from a Constitutional republic, but they are also well aware that an armed, well trained, professional military full of combat hardened conservative people who love the flag, mom, and apple pie is a real problem as well. It is why, I believe, that there is such a push towards the importance of reflective belts, transgender soldiers, no weapons, no thoughts of traditional sex and relationships, and that even driving a truck or being a mechanic near a place where there is some combat going on gives you immediate PTSD so you can be a "wounded warrior" (even if you never left a base or fired a single shot) is a total affront to what the military is supposed to be, what it is supposed to be for (DO NOT take this as being against anyone not in a combative role in the military as they are critically important-someone has to gas the stuff that drops the ordinance-but you shouldn't be getting PTSD from wrenching on truck motors). While I don't have the first hand experience with the military, I made the choice to go into the other place that is another source of power that is considered an enemy to the progressives if not tightly controlled, and that is in L/E where much of the same is going on.

In hundreds of years historians will look back and see that we fell just like every other empire before us, and that the destruction came from within.
    Well said, always nice hearing your point Of view.

The vanguard of P-F's articulation force has already responded, and responded well. All I can add is the fact that my molars were literally shedding enamel while I read that soldier's letter.

That's just well kittened and mittened, right there, and it makes me absolutely furious.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Maybe this needs it's own thread?

Story: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...d-given-right/

Letter is not directly from above link.
    Finally located a source for the quoted statement in my post.
    Too late to edit that post, so, HERE
    FB link, but no login required.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Anyone have school age kids?

FWIW.... I suspect this guy is tired of hearing from me.
    Drip..... Drip..... Drip.... Drip...

FYI.. In TX, the superintendent and school board have the authority to allow CHL in schools.
    If you're inclined, here's the announcement from Argyle ISD. (PDF will open)

Dear Mr. XXXXX,
    Last weeks shootings at Fort Hood provide yet another reminder that "gun free zones" provide opportunity for crazy people to do harm. I ask you to take action, as many other Texas school districts have already done, to do away with this counterproductive, wrong-headed policy. Crazy people committing violence are stopped by armed good people, not wishful rules and silly signs.

I encourage you to read 1LT Patrick Cook's (49th Transportation Battalion, Fort Hood) testimony presented this past Monday to the Texas Senate (see PDF attachment), and to consider the policy changes already implemented at dozens of Texas ISD's, including, most recently, Argyle.

Thank you.

Respectfully,
    RGB
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

User Tag List