Page 779 of 807 FirstFirst ... 279679729769777778779780781789 ... LastLast
Results 7,781 to 7,790 of 8067

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

LEO going through divorce uses rifle to shoot up biker bar where his wife was at, then topped it off by shooting at responding officers. 4+ dead, 6 wounded

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...y-bar/3212097/

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    LEO going through divorce uses rifle to shoot up biker bar where his wife was at, then topped it off by shooting at responding officers. 4+ dead, 6 wounded

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...y-bar/3212097/
    Story says he was a former LEO.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by idahojess View Post
    Interview with the resident:

Site Supporter
    Worth noting this suspect’s original charges included Vehicle burglary and felon in possession of firearms.

Something to consider when considering if/how to confront car burglars, most of whom are now armed and working in pairs or teams here.

Suspect was armed with a long gun, reported but not confirmed as an AK.

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2023...st-of-charges/

Suspect in shooting of 2 SAPD officers facing long list of charges
    Jesse Garcia, Jr., being held on bonds totaling about $4 million

SAN ANTONIO – A man accused of shooting and wounding two San Antonio police officers and injuring a third officer is facing a long list of criminal charges in connection with the incident.

Police identified Jesse Garcia, Jr., 28, in a social media post early Friday as the suspect in the case.
    Garcia was taken into custody late Thursday night after an hours-long standoff with police.

Jail records Friday morning showed he is charged with five counts of aggravated assault on a public servant, two counts of aggravated robbery, and one count of aggravated kidnapping.

Garcia was booked into the Bexar County jail with bonds totaling about $4 million.

All the charges stem from the shootings that happened after 5 p.m. Thursday.
    According to police, Garcia, who had outstanding warrants, noticed officers trailing him on the South side of town.
    They say he shot at those officers with a rifle, striking one of them.
    From there, police say, Garcia headed West in a car driven by someone else.
    Along the way, they say, he carjacked another driver, then also shot at officers who were chasing them.

Another officer was wounded in that second round of gunfire.

Both wounded officers were rushed to a hospital for treatment.

As of Friday morning, they remained there, recovering from what police described as “serious” wounds.

SAPD also disclosed that a third officer had been injured in his arm by debris during the shooting. He was treated at a hospital and released.

Garcia, meanwhile, had barricaded himself inside an apartment near Westward and Westrock drives.

After several hours, a public information officer announced that the standoff had ended.

“Through our work with our SWAT and negotiation team and with the assistance of the U. S. Marshals, we are happy to say that the suspect is in custody,” said Sgt. Washington Moscoso with SAPD.

Moscoso said the arrest was made “without incident.”

“We did evacuate the buildings. We went pretty methodically to make sure that none of the public was in any kind of danger,” he said.

Although KSAT 12 News requested more information, specifically about the source of the aggravated kidnapping charge, SAPD did not respond right away.

The new charges against Garcia are in addition to those he faced before the shootings.

The warrants he already had were for charges including burglary of vehicles, evading arrest and being a felon in possession of a weapon.

Site Supporter

Seattle.. 'Nuff said.

Not really a shooting incident, but close enough.

Seattle.. 'Nuff said.

Too bad that video didn’t end with “a bang” or three from the victim.

Las Vegas woman slashes police officer before being shot

https://www.foxnews.com/us/las-vegas...cer-shot-video
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Seattle.. 'Nuff said.

I think that there be a TASER PULSE. That's a pretty good testimony for the effectiveness of the civilian TASER - notice it kept going past five seconds even when the guy was off the trigger.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    I think that there be a TASER PULSE. That's a pretty good testimony for the effectiveness of the civilian TASER - notice it kept going past five seconds even when the guy was off the trigger.
    I’ll bet you 10 internet dollars it was stolen out of someone’s car. Also, it made me think about how much it would suck getting my gun stolen out of the holster while simultaneously being tased.
    Last edited by Caballoflaco; 08-29-2023 at 05:38 PM.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Huh...this is a shooting incident in the news, and does appear to involve a concealed carry mishap. Not quite sure how the average Pistol-Forum.com member can apply lessons learned though.

Negligent discharge by an attendee at a White Sox game injures several, including herself. She apparently smuggled the gun through screening by placing it under a fat roll of her belly.

https://nypost.com/2023/08/29/gun-fi...ans-belly-fat/

I will say this is about the most American thing I have heard all day....

User Tag List