Page 95 of 807 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145195595 ... LastLast

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks2112 View Post
    And how many times did she strike her attackers with her rifle fire? How many times did the .22 fail?

I don't disagree that there are much better options but without more information, and there's no information to be had in that article, it's a disservice to blame her choice of firearm/caliber for the results.
    Very true. The media always leaves out the important details and focuses only on bits that are easily digestible to their audience, or worse distort the facts to support their agenda.

Also, the sad truth is sometimes the bad guys win. When we are talking about folks that probably don't have the training needed to inoculate them to a degree to survive a gunfight, the chances only go up.

I also missed the part about the crooks found dropped off at a local ER. Emptying a magazine at someone is not the same as hitting someone with a full magazine in terms of determining sufficiency of caliber. Points for being brave and trying to fight, but this is not a weapons failure at this point.

RIP to a fighter and a brave lady.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by TR675 View Post
    My takeaways: (1) property is property and life is life, protecting the first is laudable but not worth losing the second; (2) hit what you aim at, courage is not an acceptable substitute for training; (3) use an appropriate amount of gun.
    To be clear, these are my takeaways only. This article caused me to reflect on how I would (or wouldn't) handle a similar situation - YMMV. I don't mean to imply that she did anything incorrectly or wrong, with regards to the choice of weapon or anything else. She may have been well-trained as well and simply unlucky, and regardless I respect her courage.

Site Supporter
    Shades of Richard Davis:

Upstate New York pizza man attacked, shoots would-be robber

This guy packs more than pepperoni.
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/04/16...cmp=latestnews

Site Supporter
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    I'll send them a kit kat mini for the laugh.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

If they were only given a chance, they would've known that these guys were a part of CRAK: carpenters' random acts of kindness. They wonder around late at night hammering nails down to the joy and amusement of unsuspecting people who might've tripped the following morning.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Site Supporter
    This happened in Connecticut of all places. A "May Issue" (although reportedly very unlike CA/NY/NJ in practice), "Zero Reciprocity" State....

Go ARMY!

Armed thugs meet armed combat veteran (Connecticut)

Vasquez and Franqui drove off but quickly turned around and came back. Franqui then rammed the Staff Sergeant's car head on. Vazquez got out of his car and drew a gun on the Staff Sergeant, asking him if he had a problem.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Good on him.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    This happened in Connecticut of all places. A "May Issue" (although reportedly very unlike CA/NY/NJ in practice), "Zero Reciprocity" State....

Go ARMY!

Armed thugs meet armed combat veteran (Connecticut)
    Hooah!

User Tag List