Page 91 of 807 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141191591 ... LastLast

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    See, that one doesn't work, because it has the word 'intelligence' in it.

And I also heard that rumor.
    OT: There's a saying in the IC: "Intelligence is what we do. It's not necessarily a job requirement."

Back on topic. I gave up trying to fathom how the gov will trust me with my security clearance but won't trust me with a sidearm ages ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911guy View Post
    Yeah, but you look like a tactical hobo in flip flops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    A world without violence is about as likely as a world where I get to, um, "date" at least 3 A-list actresses and/or supermodels every single day. Ain't happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmguy View Post
    “No, I don't think soldiers should have concealed weapons on base, we have law enforcement agencies. They're trained professionals, and I don't endorse carrying concealed weapons on base.” -LTG Mark Milley, commanding

Working out pretty well so far, General...

*facepalm*
    ......and the military is not a conglomerate of trained professionals.....*face-->palm x2*

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Quote Originally Posted by Palmguy View Post
    “No, I don't think soldiers should have concealed weapons on base, we have law enforcement agencies. They're trained professionals, and I don't endorse carrying concealed weapons on base.” -LTG Mark Milley, commanding

Working out pretty well so far, General...

*facepalm*
    Why don't we arm CQ's and SDO's?

Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    Why don't we arm CQ's and SDO's?
    Because in order to get to Field Grade or First Sergeant/Sergeant Major one must be a political animal. To our political masters, guns are icky, and a tool of independence, and therefore Right Out. Fort Hood, BTW, was the first installation I heard about trying to get an inventory of every troop's personal arms locker inventory "including all privately owned weapons within 200 miles of post."

We've rehashed this over and over, here and other venues. The Brass don't trust Snuffy with a gun. They'll get PO'd if you say "gun", but they still won't trust Snuffy, right on up to and including SFC or CPT Snuffy.

That said, when I was a company First Sergeant (as an SFC...) I knew many other First Shirts who were carrying unlawfully on post.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

To add as far as I know even the "law enforcement professionals" aren't authorized to carry concealed on post. MP's and the like check in their side arms at the end of every shift. If this has changed someone please straighten me out.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

It hasn't. Only people allowed to carry are MPs on duty, that's standard across the military.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    It hasn't. Only people allowed to carry are MPs on duty, that's standard across the military.
    Even applies to civilian DOD police. Insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sotex View Post
    Even applies to civilian DOD police. Insanity.
    One might think that the military would be fond of guns.
    One might think that the military would be knowledgeable about guns.
    One would be wrong.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

I note that the Russian defense minister recently stated that their troops don't shoot enough. I gathered he intended to change that.

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    One might think that the military would be fond of guns.
    One might think that the military would be knowledgeable about guns.
    One would be wrong.
    Excellent and sadly spot on.
    #RESIST

User Tag List