Page 808 of 811 FirstFirst ... 308708758798806807808809810 ... LastLast
Results 8,071 to 8,080 of 8101

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Amp View Post
    CMPD said the shooting stemmed from a U.S. Marshals Task Force investigation. They were on Galway Drive money when they were met with gunfire, police said.

According to a source at the Atrium Health hospital in Uptown, a mass casualty response has been called. Atrium Main is the Level 1 trauma center and every trauma surgeon is being called in.

https://www.wbtv.com/2024/04/29/cmpd...ast-charlotte/
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/charlotte...t-suspect-dead

Charlotte shooting: 3 US Marshals killed, 5 officers injured serving warrant, suspect dead
    Charlotte police say that one suspect was killed in the shoot-out involving multiple officers

3 members of the USMS task force, it’s not clear at this time if they DUSMs or task force officers.

Checked up on a buddy who is a DUSM out of the Wilmington office, One of the killed was a DUSM, and three Task Force Officers... all of them guys he works with regularly...

This shit sucks.
    "So strong is this propensity of mankind, to fall into mutual animosities, that where no substantial occasion presents itself, the most frivolous and fanciful distinctions have been sufficient to kindle their unfriendly passions, and excite their most violent conflicts." - James Madison, Federalist No 10

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rcbusmc24 View Post
    Checked up on a buddy who is a DUSM out of the Wilmington office, One of the killed was a DUSM, and three Task Force Officers... all of them guys he works with regularly...

This shit sucks.
    Most media sources are reporting three killed Either four, five, or eight CPD injured.

It could very well before killed but the usual caveat about 24 hours before reliable information is available definitely apply.

Quote Originally Posted by rcbusmc24 View Post

This shit sucks.
    I don't have the words. But you know how I feel. It's a hard road.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

4 total dead now.

CMPD is definitely taking this hard.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    4 total dead now.

CMPD is definitely taking this hard.
    My understanding is the 4th (CMPD officer) made it to the hospital but subsequently died in surgery.

Site Supporter

Good reaction and tackle by the deacon. More here -- suspect was charged with homicide in an earlier shooting.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...de/ar-BB1lZuTG

Site Supporter
    https://www.wkrg.com/northwest-flori...puty-ocso/amp/

U.S. Air Force Senior Airman shot, killed by Okaloosa County deputy: OCSO

OKALOOSA COUNTY, Fla. (WKRG) — An armed man shot and killed by an Okaloosa County sheriff’s deputy on Friday was a U.S. Air Force Senior Airman, News 5 has learned.

Man shot by deputy dies: Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office
    The sheriff’s deputy, whose identity has not been released, shot U.S. Air Force Airman Roger Fortson, 23, on Friday at Chez Elan Apartments.

Fortson died of his injuries, News 5 later learned.

According to Hurlburt Field, he was assigned to the 4th Special Operations Squadron and entered active duty on Nov. 19, 2019.

An Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office spokesperson confirmed that the airman’s death was connected to the previously reported officer-involved shooting death.

OCSO is leading the investigation into this shooting.

"You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

I see your "keys, wallet, firearm" and raise you "watch, wallet, gun."

User Tag List