Page 185 of 810 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195235285685 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 8092

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

I vaguely recall hearing about "shots fired" during a DV call in Seattle on New Year's Eve.
    Apparently it was a bit hairier than "shots fuired during a DV call" made it sound...
    Seattle police release video of frightening ambush, officers seen scrambling to return fire (RAW VIDEO) | Q13 FOX News
    Officers are seen on video talking to the suspect when, off-camera, a vehicle pulled up rapidly behind the officers and stopped. Gunfire erupted, video shows, and the officers quickly ducked behind a patrol car, shielded the suspect, and one officer returned fire.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Pregnant woman defends herself against father to be.

A pregnant woman is claiming self-defense in the non-fatal shooting of a teenage boy at her apartment Tuesday.

The 16-year-old victim and his friend — the woman’s boyfriend and father of her unborn child — came to the woman’s apartment in the 5700 block of Woodman Avenue at about 2 p.m. following an earlier domestic altercation. When she wouldn’t let them in, they reportedly broke down the back door of her apartment.

“We found the back door kicked in,” Ashtabula Police Chief Robert Stell said. “He smashed the back door right off the hinges.”

As they headed up the back stairs, the pregnant woman reportedly retrieved a small handgun and shot at them, hitting the 16-year-old in the left side of his chest, Stell said.
    The men took off before police swarmed the apartment complex and then police received a call from ACMC about a shooting victim in the emergency room. The victim was eventually flown to a Cleveland hospital with a punctured lung...

sounds like the father-to-be was attempting a pre-birth abortion, and almost wound up being a retroactive one himself (his friend got the worst of it. too bad.) Someone really needs to teach that girl to shoot better.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

http://fox2now.com/2015/01/07/busine...in-south-city/

I don't think I've ever seen this happen before. Shop owner responds to a robbery, robber leaves in a hurry, owner follows him down the road to Walgreens. Robber enters Walgreens, followed by owner.

Robber then attempts to rob the Walgreens, is challenged by his pursuer and is then shot. Robber's gun turns out to be a toy. No charges expected against shopkeeper.

"Your hands than mine are quicker for a fray.
    My legs are longer though, to run away."
    --Helena of Athens

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Gwinn View Post
    http://fox2now.com/2015/01/07/busine...in-south-city/

I don't think I've ever seen this happen before.
    That is freaky.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Site Supporter
    Thankfully everyone was the same color. I'm enjoying the break from seeing Sharpton on TV. Those folks on the South side of STL don't need any more unrest either.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

http://www.nj.com/mercer/index.ssf/2...roke_into.html

Guy missed twice at close range.
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by cclaxton View Post
    http://www.nj.com/mercer/index.ssf/2...roke_into.html

Guy missed twice at close range.
    Cody
    The article indicates the shots were fired as the 72-year-old homeowner was involved in a physical struggle for control of the weapon with the 48-year-old intruder. Given that the homeowner is elderly and was in a physical struggle with someone A bit less than half his age I don't know if I would be too harsh in judging his "Misses".

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The article indicates the shots were fired as the 72-year-old homeowner was involved in a physical struggle for control of the weapon with the 48-year-old intruder. Given that the homeowner is elderly and was in a physical struggle with someone A bit less than half his age I don't know if I would be too harsh in judging his "Misses".
    Yeah, I wasn't trying to be judgmental on the shooter, except that it reinforces the need to reduce reaction time through practice. We don't know how much time/distance the homeowner had since this is third-hand information. In my shoot-noshoot class, what I learned was that it takes time for me to think, decide and react...usually too long.

This appears to be a mentally disturbed person entering the home....using a spatula to try to kill yourself gives that away.
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Aiken motel robbery suspects caught after 1 shoots himself, flags down deputy .....

http://www.thestate.com/2015/01/10/3...rged.html?rh=1
    The only thing worse than arrogance is false humility.

User Tag List