Page 115 of 807 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165215615 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 8065

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    Seriously.

Seriously?

I mean look, I'm not going to say I've never thought of their ideology as toxic, and obviously it's in decline, but when feminist icons are getting into ghetto shoot-outs with their relatives, you really have to figure the whole movement's past its best-before date.
    I am really confused by this response. Did I miss a post here?

-Rob

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I am really confused by this response. Did I miss a post here?

-Rob
    Bg's name was Jermaine Grier.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germaine_Greer
    Ignore Alien Orders

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    It's a long way to fall from author of The Female Eunuch, that's for sure.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

4 home invaders with guns, man calls 911 and gets voicemail... Police were dispatched 3 1/2 minutes later but a lot can happen in the time that it takes for them to arrive on scene, decipher what's happening and take action.

A home invasion and robbery in Pasco County is exposing some problems in the 911 dispatch system.

It happened earlier this week on Gwain Road in Port Richey. A man called 911 after four robbers with guns broke into his home, demanded money and prescription drugs.

The dispatcher tried to transfer the call from the fire department to law enforcement side of things – but he got a voicemail just as the crooks returned to the home.

Chaos ensues. The man takes matters into his own hands and shoot one of the robbers...

Quote Originally Posted by IRISH View Post

Wow.

Sent from my undisclosed underground bunker using Tapatalk

http://gawker.com/its-really-hard-to...gun-1588660306

Relevant to the Vegas incident. The effort put forth to appear as a moderate on the issue is massive.

I thought this was interesting: A March 7, 1915 news article, archived from the NY Times, where 5 were killed, including a police officer, and 20 wounded. Interesting that an active shooter scenario was stopped by a citizen with a gun, in 1915. Even back then they screwed up the weapon description.

Angered by losses in a real estate deal, Monroe Phillips, a lead business man, ran amuck today with an automatic shotgun and killed five men and wounded twenty others before he himself was killed...

Shortly before noon Phillips, carrying a double-barreled shotgun, walked into the offices of Mr. Dunwoody [the business associate who apparently caused Phillips to lose a substantial amount of money]. He fired both barrels into the attorney’s head. The slayer then walked downstairs to the street, where several citizens, attracted by the shots, had gathered. Phillips fired into the crowd, killing L.C. Padgett. He then began shooting into a crowd of men who had collected on the opposite side of the street, wounding several and killing Georgie W. Asbell.

People began running to shelter. Phillips reloaded his gun as he walked to the corner of Newcastle and Gloucester Streets and took up his station in front of a drug store, where he began shooting at every person who appeared on the street. Several persons standing blocks away were struck by stray shots. William H. Hackett was killed as he stepped from a building into the street.

Presently Policeman Deaver came running up to the scene and began shooting at Phillips, who turned his gun upon the officer and shot him dead. A bullet from the policeman’s revolver, however, wounded Phillips.

Mr. Butts, who had been struck by a shot from Phillip’s gun, rushed to a hardware store and obtained a pistol. He began firing at the crazed timber dealer. A bullet from the lawyer’s pistol finally struck Phillips and he fell to the sidewalk, dying within a few minutes.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by IRISH View Post
    I thought this was interesting: A March 7, 1915 news article, archived from the NY Times, where 5 were killed, including a police officer, and 20 wounded. Interesting that an active shooter scenario was stopped by a citizen with a gun, in 1915. Even back then they screwed up the weapon description.
    This story, while tragic, is informative on a whole bunch of levels.

http://www.rgj.com/story/news/crime/...tout/10774819/

The names of the Washoe Valley victims were not released during Wednesday's news conference by Washoe County Sheriff's Office.

Those names are being held pending the progress of the investigation, sheriff's spokesman Bob Harmon said.

One, a 70-year-old resident of a home in the 4800 block of Leo Bingo Court, was killed by stab wounds to her chest, neck and head, Washoe County Chief Medical Examiner Dr. Ellen Clark said.

Hours later — possibly up to a day — a married couple, both friends of the resident, checked came to the home after she did not answer phone calls, officials said.

"They had a close relationship with her and had checked on her often," Kuzanek said.

The 70-year-old woman lived in the home by herself, Kuzanek said.

A gunfight ensued near the door between the husband, who was legally armed, and Nelson. The husband, whose age was not immediately available, suffered non-life-threatening injuries. His wife, 68, was killed by a single bullet, Kuzanek said.

The husband then called police at about 7:30 p.m., moments after the shooting.

Crazy.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Georgia - 2 armed home invaders shoot mom & son... Dad is in separate part of the house and manages to shoot both bad guys.
    “When we got on scene, we were told that there was a family in the home and that two black males kicked in the door,” said Valdosta Police Chief Brian Childress. “One was armed with a rifle and the other had a handgun.”

A 56-year-old woman and her 15-year-old son were in the front of the house when the men broke through the door and demanded money. The 59-year-old husband/father was in the back of the house, according to reports.

At some point during the burglary, the son was shot in the leg by one of the offenders. The mother attempted to flee to the back of the house and was shot in the arm, said Childress.

After hearing the commotion and gunfire, the father walked to the front room of the house with a handgun and shot both burglars multiple times. The men fled on foot, according to reports...

User Tag List