Page 189 of 189 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189
Results 1,881 to 1,885 of 1885

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Quote Originally Posted by ECVMatt View Post
    I lucked out and found a 26.5 for a reasonable price in CA and I will be able to pick it up on the 19th. One nice thing about living in CA is that it takes about three years for Off Roster guns to become readily available. This means the most of the bugs have been worked out. I am very excited to give this a go.

When the 26 was first introduced I was working in a gun store. A good customer of mine, who also worked for Customs in the LA Harbor showed me his that he was able to obtain before they were released to the general public. I was in awe as there weren't any real compact 9mms back then. We had the Firestar, the compact Beretta 92 (which was not really that compact), some Smith models and that was about it. We were a Glock Master Dealer so I immediately called our rep and put in an order. He was a bit mystified how I knew about the gun before its release, but shipped us a few out of the first batch. I have not been without a 26 or 27 since then.

I am excited to give this one a good wringing out.
    When it was first introduced, we bought ours through the local cop shop, "Lou's Gun Shop" in Hialeah back in 1995/1996. Previously we had gone directly through Glock for our Gen 2 G19s. (We were issued both the 19 and 26 by Uncle at various points in the 90's.)

The 26 is the only firearm I've ever bought two of. A Gen 2.5 and a Gen 5. (Didn't want to be without one if one went down and I had to go on a road trip.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Name:  20240412_083209.jpg
Views: 448
Size:  50.0 KB

Getting recharged on my day off. This combo has so far been incredibly shootable. Not much reason for me to carry anything else when it gives up nothing to it's bigger brothers

Name:  20240411_124135.jpg
Views: 441
Size:  26.2 KB

This 5 shot group I did at 20 yards with S&B 115 grain range fodder. I'm impressed so far.

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!
    I finally got my 26.5 MOS together and in order. I ran up to the desert to get the SCS sighted in this weekend after zeroing it to the iron sights.

Unfortunately there was an epic sand/dust storm from a late winter/spring storm and it made shooting for precision impossible. I was able to get it on paper and it shot very well for the circumstances. I spent the rest of the time just shooting for fun and to check reliability. I am glad to report the gun ran 100% through 150 rounds despite the objectionable weather. I usually like to try and get some outdoors pics, but today was just too much. The wind was actually blowing over my steel targets and physically pushing me around.

Anyways, I did manage to get one inside the cab of the truck just for fun. I am going to head back up next weekend and am hopeful for better weather. I can't wait to shoot this on paper next week. I think I have a keeper!

Name:  IMG_8244.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  57.8 KB

I’ve been waiting to see if they offer these in their everyday Blue Label program, which is what I need for GSSF.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by ECVMatt View Post
    I finally got my 26.5 MOS together and in order. I ran up to the desert to get the SCS sighted in this weekend after zeroing it to the iron sights.

Unfortunately there was an epic sand/dust storm from a late winter/spring storm and it made shooting for precision impossible. I was able to get it on paper and it shot very well for the circumstances. I spent the rest of the time just shooting for fun and to check reliability. I am glad to report the gun ran 100% through 150 rounds despite the objectionable weather. I usually like to try and get some outdoors pics, but today was just too much. The wind was actually blowing over my steel targets and physically pushing me around.

Anyways, I did manage to get one inside the cab of the truck just for fun. I am going to head back up next weekend and am hopeful for better weather. I can't wait to shoot this on paper next week. I think I have a keeper!

Name:  IMG_8244.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  57.8 KB
    Enjoy!

I am VERY envious of those who can run “up to the desert” for some shooting! No opportunities to shoot freely, more than a few rounds, on publicly-owned land, here in SE Texas. I can hunt, in the National Forest, but only in specified units; no “target shooting.” I reckon that firing a few sighting-in shots could be understood to be part of a hunt, but, would have an interesting time explaining to a ranger or game warden why I am hunting feral hogs (legal year ‘round) with a G26. Medium-Large pistol, with appropriate ammo, yes, but a G26? My wife’s family has some wooded land, in what had been a rural area of an adjacent county, where a winding creek provides places with safe back-stops, but, then, a school was built, quite near, and homes have been popping-up all ‘round. The occasional few discreet shots, on weekends, seem to remain socially acceptable, but it has been 20+ years since I fired anything more powerful than .22 LR, there.

OK, enough doom-and-gloom. I am glad for you and your new G26!
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

User Tag List