Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Beretta BU9 Nano

No issues whatsoever at the range.

The extractor tension still feels light to me (compared to my Kahrs), but it's working.
    My best guess is that the original extractor hook was out of spec.
    Maybe add in a rough or slightly tight chamber and it was 1:100 FTE time.

Right now it looks like a chamber polish and extractor replacement fixed things.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    No issues whatsoever at the range.

The extractor tension still feels light to me (compared to my Kahrs), but it's working.
    My best guess is that the original extractor hook was out of spec.
    Maybe add in a rough or slightly tight chamber and it was 1:100 FTE time.

Right now it looks like a chamber polish and extractor replacement fixed things.
    I'd be very tempted to try a stronger extractor spring and run single rounds of weak ammo on top of a full mag, one handed (to test worst case low slide velocity), and see if it causes any feeding issues. If no issue, it would give me some reassurance that there's some extra margin of extractor grip.

1000 rounds of assorted FMJ and JHP since the extractor was replaced.
    No malfunctions.
    I consider my Nano good to go.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."

Site Supporter
    thanks for the update JodyH.

I hope others have good success with the nano as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    1000 rounds of assorted FMJ and JHP since the extractor was replaced.
    No malfunctions.
    I consider my Nano good to go.
    Jody, any update on the Nano?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Yes.
    It lost its mind a few hundred rounds later and starting malfunctioning again so it went back for another repair.
    I sold it to a fully informed buyer as soon as it came back from Beretta, it literally went from the return shipping box into another box and back on the Fed-Ex truck.
    I bought a second Kahr PM9 with the proceeds.
    I've had great luck with the PM9's, my first one has many thousands of rounds with zero problems and this new one is working on 1500 rounds with zero problems.
    I change out the recoil springs to Wolff XP 20.5# to give the feed a little more force and they just run great for me.

I really like the Beretta BU9 slab sided, no levers design for a pocket pistol.
    My pocket pistol malfunction drill is a transition to my sap or P'kal, so the lack of levers and lock back is no big deal.
    I wanted the Nano to work but it just didn't, even after multiple trips back to the mothership.
    Maybe the newer ones have it figured out.

I got my girlfriend a pm9 a few years ago and it has about 1500 rounds through it with no problems either. It is weird though cause since it is so small I always expect it to have issues.. and it just doesn't.

I know this is a necro post but am I the only person on this website that like ps his beretta nano and I did buy a second one for $200 because it seems like a good gun. I have 3900 rounds of brass and steal ammo through it and I carry it with it with Hornady Tap rounds 124 grain. I had two stoppages and they were with Bvac 9mm. Ran brown bear no problem. I have the factory sights on it but the only mode I put on it was a set of wrap around grips that had two styles rubber or textured and I went with rubber. It made it night and day different that my wife hated the gun at first then with the grips she likes it.

I want a Glock 43 or shield but each time I think about the shield I go shoot my nano and it works. Maybe it just works for me because I use CLP instead of grease.

User Tag List