Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Coldbore Custom Glock 19X “EDC”

Coldbore Custom Glock 19X “EDC”

A few weeks ago, I got a Glock 19X. I just love the way it shoots — ejects the brass out predictably and forcibly, best stock out of the box trigger I have felt on a Glock, accurate, and flat shooting. Oh, and I just love the color.

My only issue, is for part of the year, I am in light clothing, and the full size grip doesn’t conceal to my satisfaction under an appropriately sized t shirt. My go to Glock has been a 19 chopped to a 26 grip, which shoots well for me, and I can tune to clothing with various 26 and 19 configuration magazines.

Recently, I sent Lane at Coldbore Custom the 19X, and asked him to chop it just like this 19 he chopped for me a few years ago (picture below). Can’t wait to get the 19X back next week!

Name:  B1077673-89D6-4DA1-AF6D-415DD8EEBA1F.jpg
Views: 3438
Size:  90.0 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    A few weeks ago, I got a Glock 19X. I just love the way it shoots — ejects the brass out predictably and forcibly, best stock out of the box trigger I have felt on a Glock, accurate, and flat shooting. Oh, and I just love the color.

My only issue, is for part of the year, I am in light clothing, and the full size grip doesn’t conceal to my satisfaction under an appropriately sized t shirt. My go to Glock has been a 19 chopped to a 26 grip, which shoots well for me, and I can tune to clothing with various 26 and 19 configuration magazines.

Recently, I sent Lane at Coldbore Custom the 19X, and asked him to chop it just like this 19 he chopped for me a few years ago (picture below). Can’t wait to get the 19X back next week!

So did you just pick it up for the color? Or is there something else that I'm not aware of?

Not judging at all, just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by 5ohglock View Post
    So did you just pick it up for the color? Or is there something else that I'm not aware of?

Not judging at all, just curious.
    Yes, initially for the color, but after seeing how well it shoots, I wanted it for my EDC, hence the chop job.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar

GJM, what holster is that? I like it a lot.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Yes, initially for the color, but after seeing how well it shoots, I wanted it for my EDC, hence the chop job.
    Makes sense. Enjoy! I'll keep an eye out for the chopped pics!

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    GJM, what holster is that? I like it a lot.
    JMCK George with the metal clip option.

Quote Originally Posted by 5ohglock View Post
    Makes sense. Enjoy! I'll keep an eye out for the chopped pics!
    Not sure if you have shot an X yet, but they are fun to shoot, and the finish grows on you!

Not sure if you have shot an X yet, but they are fun to shoot, and the finish grows on you!
    Not yet, my buddy just picked his 19X up the night before we shot a Glock match and we were too tired to hit the range with the 19X after the match. Probably within a couple weeks, I'm definitely excited to shoot it.

Site Supporter
    So you got a 19 with a 17 grip and you are sending it to a custom place so they send you back a 19 with a 19 grip?

How awesome is your life? I feel like you have so many handguns you have to store them in 5 gallon buckets. No judgement just jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    So you got a 19 with a 17 grip and you are sending it to a custom place so they send you back a 19 with a 19 grip?

How awesome is your life? I feel like you have so many handguns you have to store them in 5 gallon buckets. No judgement just jealous.
    Nope, 26 length grip.

Price for the chop, and the speedwell mod is $125 including return shipping, so pretty modest by Glock customization standards.

User Tag List