Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I Need A Jogging Setup!

I Need A Jogging Setup!

Does anyone have suggestions for carry methods that would work while jogging? I found the runner's kit bag by Hill People Gear and it looks like a great option. Any other options to look at before I order one?
    thanks.

I run with the PT ONE (http://www.pistolwear.com/holsters.htm) and a kahr pm9. I think it could handle a slightly bigger pistol -- I think a g19 would work -- but it's soft neoprene and the kahr is my only DA . I like it a lot. Very stable, easily concealed under a dark t shirt, washable. I need to go get a man's pistol and a Vanguard, but I'm very pleased.
    Ignore Alien Orders

i tried to go jogging yesterday with a jframe in a pocket holster, that was annoying. someone recommended a smart carry holster but wasnt sure how that would hold up to work outs. id be interested to hear if anyone has any experience with that or others as well.

Site Supporter
    I use a jframe/Smartcarry with my shorts tied over the cylinder to provide more stability. This gun/holster works for anything that doesn't involve being upside down.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

I've yet to find a rig that doesn't have an unacceptable amount of bounce for running. I either run on treadmills these days, and restrict the outside activities to cycling. It's a lot easier to carry a gun on a bike.

The Hill People rig works great for a service pistol thru a four inch .44.

Of course, you could just move up to Alaska, and carry your Hill People rig along with a shotgun.

Somehow, I think the local 5-Oh would frown on me running around the Redmond Town Center with an 870.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    I've yet to find a rig that doesn't have an unacceptable amount of bounce for running. I either run on treadmills these days, and restrict the outside activities to cycling. It's a lot easier to carry a gun on a bike.
    I can easily sprint in the above setup without any uncomfortable bouncing. Since all the jframe's weight is in the cylinder, securing the cylinder in place completely eliminates bounce.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorpogo View Post
    I run with the PT ONE (http://www.pistolwear.com/holsters.htm) and a kahr pm9. I think it could handle a slightly bigger pistol -- I think a g19 would work -- but it's soft neoprene and the kahr is my only DA . I like it a lot. Very stable, easily concealed under a dark t shirt, washable. I need to go get a man's pistol and a Vanguard, but I'm very pleased.
    Those are interesting. Have you examined the slimmer profile versions?
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by doctorpogo View Post
    +1 with a Glock 19. No bounce. Work out with it at the gym too. I ride my mountain bike with it, no problem. It is made to do exactly what you want to do with it.............run or bike.

User Tag List