Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Electronic Earpro

Site Supporter
    I don't know.

I had a set of the ProMag 33NRR ears, IMO they were only lacking in 2 areas: an autoshutoff (now included) and size. I got a smaller set, and opted for the CR123 battery option instead of the Type N.

Just got a set of MSAs... so much more comfortable than my Leights! Holy crap!

They also have no stickers on the cups and the generic white box like the ones from Botach. I got these for $235 from a guy on Calguns.

I'm right on the ragged edge of them fitting. Oh man, if you have a head bigger than a 7 1/2 hat size, I would look at something else. They just barely fit over the bottoms of my ears.
    All I know is that I know nothing. - Socrates

I have a pair of MSA's and Peltor ComTac's. I have had the ComTac's for about 7 years now and they have been very reliable. If you are a right handed rifle shooter these will work well as they have a cut out on the right side so you don't bump the stock when getting a cheek weld. I like the low profile of the MSA's but they are a year old and have been back to MSA for repairs. The turn around time was about 2 months. The electronics are only slightly better than the ComTac's but the I question the durability. For the price the MSA's should be a bit more robust. Lately I have been using custom formed electronic inserts from SportEar. They were kind enough to take a mold of my ear (super trippy feeling as the foam goes deep in your ear) at last years NRA show and about 3 weeks later a set of custom ear pro showed up in the mail. I really like these as I can shoot any rifle without compromising the seal of the ear pro. Also, the custom mold allows me to wear them all day and I barely even notice I have them in. Not wearing muffs in the summer heat is nice too. the downside is they are pricey and the battery life could be longer.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    FWIW: My MSA Sordins are broken, one side is dead. I bought them from SRS Tactical in January of 2011.
    It was a dead speaker, they replaced it and it's coming back.

I had the opposite experience that a lot of people have mentioned regarding Howard Leights and Peltors. I bought my dad a Peltor 7S set a number of years ago, and they have worked very well for him. When I began shooting regularly, I found the 7S discontinued, so I opted for the Howard Leight Impact Sport and didn't like them. They seemed to work ok, but the attenuation wasn't nearly as good and, in fact, worried me after a couple of uses, so I bought the Peltor SV Tactical Pros and have been happy with them. I always double plug. I'm also a musician and worked as a mastering engineer several years ago, so I'm pretty paranoid about my hearing.

I just ordered some of the HL Impact Sports. I have 3 other HL muffs that I love so seeing all the positive reviews here make me think they might be the ones for me.

Quote Originally Posted by DonovanM View Post
    Just got a set of MSAs... so much more comfortable than my Leights! Holy cra

I'm right on the ragged edge of them fitting. Oh man, if you have a head bigger than a 7 1/2 hat size, I would look at something else. They just barely fit over the bottoms of my ears.
    I had ordered the MSAs and found them way to small for my melon head. (7 3/4). Sent them back for a exchange for a neckband pair. So far SRS Tactical has been great to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by cutter View Post
    I had ordered the MSAs and found them way to small for my melon head. (7 3/4). Sent them back for a exchange for a neckband pair. So far SRS Tactical has been great to work with.
    Yeah, I've got a 7-1/8th" head and they barely fit over my ears. There's a very fine line between having a proper seal or not based on very, very small adjustments in how it sits.

They need to make it with the depth/room of the Peltor Tac 6S muffs. Then, it'd be perfect. As it is I do believe they used the heads/ears of either gnomes or ancient men to determine the size/depth of cups.

User Tag List