Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Electronic Earpro

Electronic Earpro

So I just sent my busted Sordin Supreme Pro-IVs in to be fixed. Estimated turnaround time is 3-4 months.

So I need some electronic ear defenders to use in the meantime. Should I just bite the bullet and buy another pair of Sordins, or is there another good option out there that's a little less pricey?

Thanks,
    Chris
    -C

My blog: The Way of the Multigun

I've been perfectly happy with my Howard Leight Impact Sport's + Surefire EP3's at the indoor range. The HL's cut out 18dB's and amplify normal speech; the EP3's take care of the remaining dB reduction and by leaving the "port" open I can hear the amplified speech just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rhines View Post
    So I just sent my busted Sordin Supreme Pro-IVs in to be fixed. Estimated turnaround time is 3-4 months.

So I need some electronic ear defenders to use in the meantime. Should I just bite the bullet and buy another pair of Sordins, or is there another good option out there that's a little less pricey?

Thanks,
    Chris
    Another vote for the Howard Leighs. Cheap and they just work.
    #RESIST

I would go for Peltor's just because you can get gel ear cups.

I had a set of HL's and the ear pieces were rock hard after about 8 months. They were crazy uncomfortable to wear for more than 30 minutes. I own a pair of Peltor Tac 6s and 7s now. There's enough white noise with them that I'll probably just pop them off my head if an instructor is talking for more than a sentence or two.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I bought two pairs of Peltors at the NRA range. Both sucked and I ended up throwing them away. Crap quality, crap design. My $50 HLs are vastly superior. Perhaps I got two lemons but it was enough to sour me (bad pun, I know) forever on Peltors.
    #RESIST

Another pair of Sordin's? Seriously two is one and one is none right?

Chris,

You're welcome to borrow my set of backup Peltor 7S until yours is fixed. They're not cool, but they do the job.

I'll be at the match tonight at 7, so I'll bring them just in case I see you.

I still prefer the $1.29 rubber flange plugs............never had to wait more than drive time to the gun store to get a replacement set.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I bought two pairs of Peltors at the NRA range. Both sucked and I ended up throwing them away. Crap quality, crap design. My $50 HLs are vastly superior. Perhaps I got two lemons but it was enough to sour me (bad pun, I know) forever on Peltors.
    I've had equally bad results with Peltor; I was SHOCKED at how much better the HLs worked in addition to being much less expensive.

The MSA Sorins with gel ear cups are certainly better (and in my opinion worth the cost) but buy a set of HLs and just keep them as a spare or in a vehicle, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    I still prefer the $1.29 rubber flange plugs............never had to wait more than drive time to the gun store to get a replacement set.
    Well, the HL and Sorins have a jack where you can plug-in an iPod/iPhone and listen to music.

You haven't lived until you've shot a FAST while listening to ABBA. (Something tells me you're going to take my word on this one...)

User Tag List