Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: KSTG Match at the NRA Range: 14-Feb-2012

Again, a great match. Thanks for running it in such a professional manner. I learn something new each time I go.
    Evil requires the sanction of the victim. - Ayn Rand

I wasn't doing too bad until I totally bombed the final stage (and added roughly 40 seconds to my time)

Def a learning experience and I think a great time was had by all.

on stage 3, did anyone else actively try and use the positioning of themselves and the 2 sets of side targets as "KSTG gamer shoot-throughs?"
    I shot both poppers as shoot throughs. They did't require visual verification of an A zone hit (later).

Nice job on your placement.
    Nice job yourself, Mr. Speed Demon With A Brand New Gun

Shooting the steel through the paper! Brilliant! If my memory is correct I believe there was even less of a chance of a hit on a non-threat doing that.

I had a shoot-through that grazed a non-threat, but didn't break the perf. Risky business.
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

Site Supporter
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    there was even less of a chance of a hit on a non-threat doing that.
    It was almost on existent. At the base of those paper targets was the very bottom of the steel, and it was actually perfectly centered on each target. I just drilled each target in the A then dropped a shot just above the bottom of the cardboard. Both steel fell on the first shot. Too bad I rode the slide release and had a glacial reload. Friday's session is reload work...

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Shooting the steel through the paper! Brilliant!
    You get good feedback on the steel -- that was a smart choice.

Just don't make the mistake I did which involved thinking you lined up "good enough" hits on the rear paper target through the front paper target then, while trying not to extend the clock, not looking closely enough to see that you managed a clean FTN instead. Fail!

Lesson firmly learned.

Nice match by all.
    "The nation that will insist on drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to have its fighting done by fools and its thinking done by cowards." - Sir William Francis Butler

Any chance of posting full results in excel format

for those of us that have not gone over to the dark side?

Thanks for the great match.

-mike-

Anyone care to document the courses of fire for this match for those of us that missed it? Always curious to see what the tactical problems were when looking at scoring / match results.

User Tag List