Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: KSTG Match at the NRA Range: 14-Feb-2012

Site Supporter

KSTG Match at the NRA Range: 14-Feb-2012

KSTG match
    Tuesday 14-Feb-2012
    $25
    Estimated Round Count: 50-60
    Squads begin at 5pm, 6pm, 7pm, 8pm, and 9pm. Six people maximum per squad.

You can call the NRA Range @ 703-267-1402 to reserve a slot.
    Last edited by JV_; 01-30-2012 at 12:43 PM. Reason: updated the round count and price

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    The 2/14 announcement is posted here:
    http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...ge-14-Feb-2012
    Valentines Day is perhaps not the best option for many of us. Oh, well. I look forward to joining y'all tomorrow, but will have to skip Feb. Perhaps March...

Quote Originally Posted by abu fitna View Post
    Valentines Day is perhaps not the best option for many of us. Oh, well. I look forward to joining y'all tomorrow, but will have to skip Feb. Perhaps March...
    Tell her it is a silly, made up Hallmark holiday and take her out some other time.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Tell her it is a silly, made up Hallmark holiday and take her out some other time.

I count myself among the lucky. My wife views Valentine's day as nothing more than a conspiracy to overcharge for a prix fixed meal and force otherwise unloving couples to fake, for one day, semi-genuine affection for each other.

<rant>if you love your significant other/partner/dog/gun/car/whatever you should tell him/her/it often. you don't need a designated day to do so.</rant>

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Given that she has had to put up with work dragging me away from anniversary, Christmas, New Year's, and every potential vacation for the past three years.... I figure I've pushed my luck enough (grin.)

There was one slot open for this match at 8PM last night. Couldn't tell you if it was filled or not. I grabbed the 2nd to last slot.

We are diminished
    The match was full by the time last night's was finished. There is already a waiting list.

While we understand that Valentine's Day is not ideal, it's clearly ideal enough -- for those of you who like oxymorons -- for the thirty folks who got signed up. We certainly don't expect every person to attend every match. Heck, there is a very good chance that I won't be able to attend the one in June myself, and I run the thing!

considering snagging a contourROAM hat cam on ebay to record myself shooting this match.
    Would I be allowed do this per the range's policy of no photography, and not being the match director?
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    considering snagging a contourROAM hat cam on ebay to record myself shooting this match.
    Would I be allowed do this per the range's policy of no photography, and not being the match director?
    I'll defer to ToddG for final word, but I saw people taking digital recordings at the 1/31 match. I'm assuming that so long as you receive consent from the parties being filmed, you're a-OK. It's been my assumption that the NRA Range's "no photography" rule is to keep people from being unknowingly photographed or recorded.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Save your money. If all you want is video of you running a stage or two, I'll take it with my dSLR (HD). IMO, it's better because it includes what you're doing, not just your gun and the target.

User Tag List