Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RFI: Folding Nitrile Medical Gloves

Site Supporter

RFI: Folding Nitrile Medical Gloves

Some of carry med kids have black gloves, I found a box of purple gloves that go on good and are a good size.

I thought Lone Stars Medics had a video but I can’t find it. Any other resources? Any other opinions? Ways?

Mainly for my Ryker Ankle Kits. I just saw they have new colors.

Thanks.

Yea, what does RFI stand for? Happy New Year!
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 12-31-2017 at 10:48 PM.

Place the gloves on top of each other.

Fold the thumbs in to the body of the gloves.

Fold the 4 fingers up to the body.

Roll the gloves tightly together starting finger side and rolling towards the glove opening / cuffs.

Tuck the roll and secure using the cuff of the bottom glove (think rolling pairs of socks)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I want to see someone running down the street with a sims-gun shrieking 'I am the first revelation' " - SouthNarc

RFI = Request For Information.

That, or Radio Frequency Identification.

Or Radio France International...

Or...

Interesting. I start sort of like that but don't make a neat pack: just jam them in the pouch.

Pro tip-always carry at least a spare glove, if not spare sets. When one rips, and it will, at the worst possible time, you won't get their juice on you.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Interesting. I start sort of like that but don't make a neat pack: just jam them in the pouch.

Pro tip-always carry at least a spare glove, if not spare sets. When one rips, and it will, at the worst possible time, you won't get their juice on you.
    Also if you're going to buy gloves, buy the N-Dex nitrile exam gloves (like these, prime eligible pack of 100 in Med/Large. They are puncture and tear resistant - but still, carry at least 2 pair. Not a terrible idea to buy 1 size up either. Putting on a tight fitting exam glove in a hurry when you have sweaty hands is not ideal.

As Hambo noted, regular exam gloves can and will tear all the time. I probably tear a glove every ~10 pair I put on. The juice is real....
    Last edited by Nephrology; 01-01-2018 at 09:56 AM.

Question for y’all medical types, I use disposable gloves from Harbor Freight for the RV for the sewer hose and other icky tasks.

Are these gtg in Med kits?

https://www.harborfreight.com/5-mil-...rge-68497.html

I got a box of 3x4" ziplock bags and use those for a folded pair of gloves. It keeps them clean in a pocket. I've got a pair or two stashed in most of my jackets and vests.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Question for y’all medical types, I use disposable gloves from Harbor Freight for the RV for the sewer hose and other icky tasks.

Are these gtg in Med kits?

https://www.harborfreight.com/5-mil-...rge-68497.html
    These are often $5.99 with coupon. I use them whenever I mix up and spray Roundup on the weeds.

Site Supporter
    The ones I saw at HF said 'not for medical use' on the box. I tend to take them at their word on that. The ones that came with some prestocked kits I bought were so flimsy looking that I didn't trust them and tossed them.

There's an NFPA standard for EMS PPE, which sounds odd until you remember how much EMS the fire service does these days. I would be OK with using anything that claims compliance with that standard.Gloves are cheap. If we're willing to shell out for combat gauze ( and replace it every few years) to take care of someone else we should be willing to spend a few extra bucks to take care of ourselves.

I like the ones we're using at work now, but they're $18 a box ( I had no idea) Apex Pro gloves (Sorry Tom, couldn't find them on Amazon). I wear XXLs, and I can actually get mediums on my hand without them failing in the process. I can't do that with most of the gloves we've used.

These look decent and are on sale at EMP right now. I have no experience with that particular glove, but the pic has the NFPA language on the box, and I ( and my department) have been buying from EMP for years.

Gloves do expire. The box I have in front of me says it has a 5 year shelf life. We have some at the station from 2008, that got overlooked and sat in our climate controlled stockroom, still in the case. They are noticeably more brittle than when they were fresh, and I'd say 1 in 5 tears while donning (Didn't happen when they were new). We use them for station cleaning/maintenance, not patient care.
    'Nobody ever called the fire department because they did something intelligent'

User Tag List