Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Weight Loss Challenge Thread

Site Supporter
    I need to get my good habits back. I am in.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Lost 70 pounds last year.
    Dang! That's impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    ...New wife ....
    Hey congratulations!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I'm in. I'm also sort of stupid competitive, so if I die it's @Rich_Jenkins fault.
    Damn I wish I was in Albq.
    I'd make it my mission to guarantee a Tom_Jones win.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

2018 Weight Loss Challenge Thread

@Rich_Jenkins

Best thread to end 2017. Getting everyone to agree on improving ourselves by healthy competition. You sir win in my book regardless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m fat. I’m in.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    I’m fat. I’m in.
    I laughed.
    Awesome post.
    Now make it happen.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Just for the sake of consistency, could y’all please post your results (in February, of course) in the form of percent loss, in the following form:

Percent Loss = nn.nn%

Calculated as:

Percent loss = 100*(W2 - W1)/W1

Where:

W1 is original starting weight
    W2 is ending final weight

So, for example, if you started at 210, and lost twenty pounds to 190, it would be 100*(190-210)/210 = -9.52%.

This will just keep everyone’s weight loss on an equal footing for purposes of who is the winner, as well as save me a bunch of time computing percentage changes.

Thanks!

I'm in. It will be difficult with 2 jobs and going back to school in a couple of weeks. Won't have a lot of time for exercise so I will have to improve my diet. I eat to many snacks and drink way too much Dr Pepper. This should motivate me to do something about that.

Great thread. Who will stay true to their New Year’s resolutions the longest? And, even if one does fall of the wagon a short time, there is enough encouragement and camaraderie here to help one get back on the wagon. My initial goal will be 10% of body weight. I don’t remember the numbers exactly, but there is a significant decrease in heart attack and stroke risk by losing 10%, at least in those of us who can stand to lose more than a few.
    "Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells." Robert Ruark

I'm in as well, fell off the wagon back in Sept. With the lack of motivation/exercise and the holidays I'm sure I have a pound or two to loose. I have not gotten on the scales but judging by the fit of my clothes this will do me good.

User Tag List