Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ P-07 Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt O View Post
    In a moment of weakness, I ordered a 2014 model P-07. I've got the hammer kit and DA upgrade here and am just waiting to pick up the pistol. I'm eager to see how the omega system feels and compare it with my SP-01's.
    Name:  excellent-car-transport.jpg
Views: 742
Size:  57.4 KB

Got a JM custom AIWB coming for the P07. Gonna go to a LGS and see if I can talk them down from $509 to $450 for the new model. I honestly wouldn't have considered the 07 were it not for Pannone's enthusiastic review.

Site Supporter
    How can you tell if one is an updated 2014 model? Thinking of getting one on Buds.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    How can you tell if one is an updated 2014 model? Thinking of getting one on Buds.
    Two features that can be seen are the 2014 Model has interchangeable grip inserts. You can see the seams on the backstrap. The other feature is front cocking serattions on the front of the slide on the 2014 Model the 2013 doesn't have. Here is a link to on that Buds has wit the three interchangeable grip inserts and front cocking serrations:
    http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/91638

Can anyone advise the stats on the factory sights for the 07 like:

1) width of front sight, width of rear notch.

2) zero for the 07 at 25 yards.

3) are their different height front sights available to change zeor if so desired.

Does anyone have any ideas about some of aftermarket target sight options for the P-07? Id ideally like to get something resembling the Warren's with a tritium dot front and black serrated rear.

Any updates on the Parts from CGW installed on the P-07? I have a slick SP-01 Shaddow and just picked up a P-07 to carry. The triggers/action are NIGHT and day different. That said the SP-01 Shaddow has about 9K rounds through it though.

The answer to #3 is a definite yes. Dawson has fiber optic sights at different heights and CZ-USA/CZ-Custom have a range of different sights - black, fiber and tritium. The key difference is, Dawson measures their sights from the top of the dovetail to the top of the sight whereas CZ measures the entire height of the sight, including the dovetail. I think CZ sights are also numbered, so you would buy an alternate number sight depending on what impact you desire.

I'm also curious as to the answers to your first two questions. I should be able to get out to pick up my P-07 by Saturday at the latest so I'll measure dimensions of the stock sight set up then if no one else has chimed in with more info. I believe the 2014 P-07's come with steel 3 dot (non-tritium) sights, but I'm not positive on that. It seems that previous versions came with plastic sights.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt O View Post
    I believe the 2014 P-07's come with steel 3 dot (non-tritium) sights, but I'm not positive on that. .
    That is what my 2104 came with. I'm looking forward to better options coming to market.

New version has following upgrades/differences:

1) front cocking serrations
    2) slide finish melonite/nitrocarbonizing vs older finish
    3) minus "duty" moniker from slide
    4) stock factory sights are steel 3 dot with super luminova type paint vs old plastic glock style
    5) frame has 3 interchangeable back straps vs none on old
    6) minus the lanyard loop
    7) new different flatter trigger vs old curved trigger
    8) new squared style hammer vs old ring style hammer
    9) new 07's ship with 2 15 round mags vs older guns shipping with 16 round mags (9mm)

Couldn't resist and bought one from Lanbo's armory and a extra 16 round mag for $507 shipped.

I'll black out the rear dots and run the stock sights to confirm I like the gun before getting better sights. Also had a JM custom AIWB in the pipe line and changed the model to the 07. Obviously I'll post feed back on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico1985 View Post
    Can anyone advise the stats on the factory sights for the 07 like:

1) width of front sight, width of rear notch.

2) zero for the 07 at 25 yards.

3) are their different height front sights available to change zeor if so desired.
    Just picked up my P-07 today and switched out the hammer and firing pin with CGW parts. The trigger is heavier and not quite as smooth as my SP-01 so it'll take a little getting used to.

The stock steel sights are .120 front and .120 rear notch so the sight picture is a bit crowded as you can imagine. The sights would actually be a lot more usable if the rear notch was widened to .140-.150. Haven't shot it yet so I don't know where it prints at 25 yards.

User Tag List