Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rail laser only for P30 recommendations please.

rail laser only for P30 recommendations please.

http://www.armalaser.com/ Anybody have any experience with this company? They have an exchange program and I believe I have read somewhere a 5 year warranty but I cant find that on their website.

For $10 more you can get the Crimson Trace CMR-201.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    For $10 more you can get the Crimson Trace CMR-201.
    Yup That one is high on my list too. I'm going to make a decision in the next week....just looking at options. Thanks for your help finding the photo of the CMR-201 with the RCS holster.
    This company has a heck of an upgrade program and I believe a 5 year warranty. That should give CT enough time to come out with a grip laser for the p30.
    I am trying to get info on actual user input of different lasers regardless of the company. Its kinda tough to make decisions based on internet photos. What I am not looking for is flashlight/laser combos
    Last edited by UNK; 01-22-2012 at 10:26 AM.

I'd check out the thread on lasers:
    http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?2547-The-Laser

A number of folks made a very strong case for a green laser there. Also, don't recall if it was in that thread or others that I'd read here, but some very strong cases were made for lights too, especially when combined with green lasers. For me, if I wanted laser-only, the CT 201 and the Viridian units are what I'd be looking at.

Incidentally, last weekend at a gun show I got to check out the Viridian green laser/light combo units and I was impressed. Nice ergos, bright light, and you could see the laser very well even with the light on.

J.Ja
    Owner/President of Titanium Crowbar, LLC

The primary reasons I don't want a light are because of the increased bulk (width) and most of them stick out past the end of the pistol. Viridian does make a compact model...if I am not mistaken it has to be removed and rezeroed everytime you change the battery.
    Also the green laser is supposedly for daylight, except bright sunlight. Really all I need is for night time. Now ask me again in three years and I probably wont be able to see the sights at all then I will be interested in a green laser. Or Lasik
    Last edited by UNK; 01-22-2012 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianB View Post
    Viridian does make a compact model...if I am not mistaken it has to be removed and rezeroed everytime you change the battery.
    You are mistaken. The battery installs from the front on the C5L.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianB View Post
    The primary reasons I don't want a light are because of the increased bulk (width) and most of them stick out past the end of the pistol. Viridian does make a compact model...if I am not mistaken it has to be removed and rezeroed everytime you change the battery.
    The width of both Viridian combo models is no wider than the width of the CT unit, they are both no wider than where they attach to the rail. The C5L model is much shorter than the X5L, the C5L definitely does not extend past the muzzle on a P30 (there's lots of room to spare, from Jody's pictures), and the X5L does not extend past the muzzle either unless I was mistaken.

J.Ja
    Owner/President of Titanium Crowbar, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by jmjames View Post
    The width of both Viridian combo models is no wider than the width of the CT unit, they are both no wider than where they attach to the rail. The C5L model is much shorter than the X5L, the C5L definitely does not extend past the muzzle on a P30 (there's lots of room to spare, from Jody's pictures), and the X5L does not extend past the muzzle either unless I was mistaken.

J.Ja
    I saw the pic of the C5L but I cant find one of the X5L on a P30. I do know on Veridian's website it is listed as 2.84 " and the C5L is listed as 1.9. I would guess that it hangs over some. Hmmm OK it's on my consider list too Thx!

Think for yourself. Question authority.

Orion thx for the photo. Do you IWB with that light/laser attached to the P30?

User Tag List