Page 7 of 58 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: Fixed blade picture thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    I like the Winkler knives. They are substantially cheaper, and substantially less wait than some of the others that have caught my eye. As for wear and tear, they hold up like they were designed and built to do it.
    Thanks Sean.
    As a side note, glad to see you're back!

Quote Originally Posted by SGT_Calle View Post
    Thanks Sean.
    As a side note, glad to see you're back!
    Amen.

Shadow Tech, Shadow Skinner

Hossum Dog Tag from Pro Tool
    TANSTAAFL

Managing Partner, Custom Carry Concepts, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Rich@CCC View Post

Shadow Tech, Shadow Skinner

Hossum Dog Tag from Pro Tool
    Really liked what I saw in your skinner. Contacted Shadow Tech and had these Back Ups made. Super happy so far.

Live blade (damascus and carbon fiber)and trainer (orange g10 )for $200 shipped.

Sent via Tapatalk and still using real words.

Last weekend the wife dragged me, kicking and screaming, to the Spring Fair. (Well, OK, the kicking and screaming part is a slight exaggeration...) She had a couple of specific vendors she wanted to see. I... was hoping my knees and hip would hold out.
    Fortunately, the Dock Dogs were showing off, so we had that going for us.
    Also, there was a knife vendor. Moslty Cutlery By LaClaire is a dealer for Hammer Stahl kitchen cutlery, but their Willamette Valley Cutlery line has some pretty nifty stuff.
    I resisted the urge to let her buy me a nice Damascus folder to either gather dust in the display case or (as is my norm for pocket knives) lose, but I've been wanting a nice utility/camp knife...

Hilt is moose antler and buffalo horn:
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

The Spyderco factory is down the road from me and I finally stopped in to check it the attached store. Got a sweet deal on a heavy duty bushcraft blade with nice scales and sheath. My woods walking outfit is nearing completion...

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1398895252865.jpg
Views: 1445
Size:  95.7 KB

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1398895313062.jpg
Views: 1337
Size:  94.1 KB
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

Fixed blade picture thread

I carried a spyderco street beat and liked it quite a bit. My normal edc is a Mark Goldsworthy MG Pakal in 440c (under $200 and he can extend or shorten the blade if you like). Have an AmericanKami GITFO on order that may replace it, though.
    Last edited by Sigfan26; 04-30-2014 at 06:15 PM.

Some love for Special Circumstances Inc & Ian Wendt. Best alternative materials knives out there.

Been carrying this for a couple weeks now... It's... Stabby...

Carbon fiber laminated to a titanium core make for a very fast, light, quick handling blade. And it's wayyy sharper than any other titanium knives I've handled (even some big name makers).

The grip texture and grip shape really lock into your hand and don't allow any movement, twisting or shifting of the knife during use.... That is a central theme to all of his knives, they can not shift under heavy impact.

The shock cord system on the sheath allows for vertical or horizontal carry, and even though it's a larger size knife (4" blade w/ roughly the same size grip), it conceals very very well.

"I want to see someone running down the street with a sims-gun shrieking 'I am the first revelation' " - SouthNarc

Anyone have any experience with the Boker Yurco?

I stopped buying fixed blades, I think I have enough.

User Tag List