Page 13 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Fixed blade picture thread

TANSTAAFL

Managing Partner, Custom Carry Concepts, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    My favorite large knife is the Smatchet design. This is one of the Boker versions I have. Been on the lookout for an Al Mar version for decades.

Nice knife. I've always been partial to the Fairbairn Fairsword and Applegate Smatchet designs. It's probably time for a uber tactical upgrade to the old design like some folks have done with the F/S and V42 daggers.

Some of my favorite fixed blades. As you can probably tell, I'm a bowie guy at heart.

Name:  DSC03562.jpg
Views: 1402
Size:  85.6 KB

Name:  DSC03555.jpg
Views: 1363
Size:  66.5 KB

Name:  DSC03549.jpg
Views: 1316
Size:  71.9 KB

Name:  DSC03561.jpg
Views: 1350
Size:  79.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post

That is an awesome blade. Who makes it?
    Last edited by 23JAZ; 12-08-2015 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    That is an awesome blade. Who makes it?

Colonel Blades.

http://www.colonelblades.com/colonelstore-gen3/

VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

VDMSR.com
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

VDMSR.com

Some of you may know that the number 42 in Japanese, can be translated to "death". For a man, the 42nd year is their Yakudoshi, or their year of calamity. To ward off this bad luck we try to have some celebrations with family and friends, rituals at the temples, and such. Well, I'm 42 this year, and my dad stopped me yesterday to give me a Yakudoshi gift. It was given to him for his yakudoshi in 1990. He said he hopes that I can give it to my son during his year of misfortune.

I did not know my father even had this until last year, when I acquired my first Tom Mayo folder. He saw the logo on my blade and proclaimed that he had a knife by that same maker. I was shocked when this was revealed:

So here it is, the knife I'll use to fight off bad luck this year. If this thing can't ward off misfortune, I don't know what can.

It's been sitting in its leather sheath for that whole time and there's some damage to the steel as a result. I don't know if I should reach out to Tom to see if I can have the finish restored, or leave it as-is.

User Tag List