Page 66 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 19X?

dumbass question of the day... I want a G19 holster for this right?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    dumbass question of the day... I want a G19 holster for this right?
    Yes sir.
    Ignore Alien Orders

I put Ameriglo Tcaps on the 19x. Part number GL624. They hit an inch over the top of the front sight at 7 yards with AE 115 and 124. Just a hair lower with Lawman 147 but still too high. Probably be clean off the B8 black at 25. As suggested by @Enel I will contact Ameriglo monday and see what they recommend.

Now I have to decide whether to put the factory sights back on for now or shoot the P30L in the match tomorrow.
    Last edited by cornstalker; 06-16-2018 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Yes sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    You'll want a Gen5 holster, or at least one that is Gen5 compatible (allows for the right side slide stop). I typically prefer a 17 length holster for a 19, but the 19X fits fine in a Gen5 19 holster.
    Thanks guys, first Glock here so...

I just picked up a 19 size SME holster and it fit perfect with no hiccup on the ambi slide stop.
    Last edited by Chipster; 06-16-2018 at 12:17 PM.

19x holster

The Raven Perun for my Gen 3 19 works perfectly with the 19x, which is my all time favorite Glock.
    Shumba

How serious are you about competition?

If you're really interested in trying to work your way up the classification ranks and shoot alot of large matches with the intent to go from hobbyist to serious competitor I would do a 17.5 over the 19X. The ability to tune the recoil spring and thusly the recoil impulse on the 17.5 will be important and may negate any perceived advantage that the 19X has when it comes to slide velocity in its factory format.

Between the two, in factory form, I very much appreciate the 19x's snappy slide speed without being overly brutal on felt recoil in the hand. The 17.5 has to be felt to see if you appreciate it as the longer recoil stroke is VERY interesting and immediately perceptible to anyone that has spent quite a bit of time on a Glock.

Moving beyond the recoil feel, the magazine flare on the 17.5 will be very nicely suited towards competition provided that your hands arent so large that your pinky gets irritated by the cutout on the front of the magwell. Glocks are not particularly hard to reload to begin with but every little bit helps. Realistically, im pretty sure you can reload a 19X just as fast as a 17.5 but the 17.5 is going to have a slightly smaller margin of error due to the flare.

Lastly, ill just touch on this. The extended sight radius does make shooting partials at distance easier. Can it be done with a 19X? Absolutely but in competition, you want every advantage possible.

Just some food for thought.

I personally picked up a 19X as I was intrigued by the gun and i am a huge peanut butter fan. I literally bought it on a whim with absolutely NO intent behind the purchase which is EXTREMELY odd for me as I always justify my pistol purchases and there MUST be a defined need. There was zero need and zero defined purpose behind the purchase of the 19X but im enjoying it and I find it extremely pleasurable to shoot.

Good luck!

Couple questions:
    Are safariland 519X series holsters Gen 5 compatible?
    And has anyone removed the front lip of the 19x yet so it can take Gen 5 mags?

Quote Originally Posted by pastaslinger View Post
    Couple questions:
    Are safariland 519X series holsters Gen 5 compatible?
    And has anyone removed the front lip of the 19x yet so it can take Gen 5 mags?
    Just put Gen 4 baseplates on your Gen 5 magazines or run Gen 4 magazines.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    You'll want a Gen5 holster, or at least one that is Gen5 compatible (allows for the right side slide stop). I typically prefer a 17 length holster for a 19, but the 19X fits fine in a Gen5 19 holster.
    I've seen that preference mentioned in a couple of places but haven't (or have missed) the why... why is the 17 length preferable?
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

User Tag List