Page 35 of 308 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast

Thread: 1911 picture thread

Site Supporter

Figure I ought to participate in this thread. This gun is my go to pistol. Definitely not as nice as some of the good looking pistols here, bit she just ticked past 3500 rounds with no sign of battering. The extractor isn't a limp noodle, the plunger tube hasn't gone into orbit, nor has the ejector broken off. It's still a joy to shoot.

As far as reliability, I built it from the ground up. Once I installed the extractor the gun just doesn't stop. FMJ, SWC, Hollow points...feeds em all. Beyond that, I don't ask any questions or try to "improve" something that doesn't malfunction. It went together fairly easily, and it's been trouble free other than needing the some filing on the slide stop.

Funny thing, it's not magazine sensitive. Not in the least little bit. It feeds from Chip McCormick Powermags, Metalform round follower mags, Checkmates, Wilson, Tripp and even some indeterminate aged Shooting Stars that I picked up by the truckload for 8 bucks apiece at a fun show. If the mag will do, so will the gun.

It's way more accurate than I am, as it will lay bullets in the same hole at 25 yards if I don't whiff any shots too high. [emoji1]

I love guns.

I agree with Bill.

Last edited by StraitR; 11-22-2014 at 08:05 PM.

Won this at an auction this weekend. I gotta say that I'm pretty excited to snag a mid-80's Boland.

Quote Originally Posted by dsa View Post
    I just turned the corner on 4 years. Steve has sent some recent pics of work in progress (re-cutting the feed ramp, sight cuts and ejection port modifications) I hope to have it back in my hands in 6 months or so.
    it's a hard wait, but Steve does great work

You guys have some really great 1911's . I got rid of my Glock to get my first 1911 and there is no turning back. I just finished paying for my daughters wedding, so hopefully I can look into having Rogers Precision work their magic on it.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Name:  cqb9mm.jpg
Views: 879
Size:  68.6 KB

I'll be picking her up soon.
    3/15/2016

^ Did you pick her up yet? She looks great

My first 1911. A Colt ORM 1991A1.

SA MC Operator. I don't have this exact gun anymore. Every 400-500 round the same extraction issue would crop up. After the third or fourth trip back to the factory they replaced it with a new one. I've only got about 650 through the new one but so far not a hint of trouble.

The one I have now has the Magpul grips, which I love.

Eventually I'll have the safety replaced with a single sided one, have the front strap checkered and the trigger guard undercut, and replace the MSH with one that doesn't have an infernal lock.

User Tag List