Page 34 of 308 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast

Thread: 1911 picture thread

Quote Originally Posted by dsa View Post
    I just turned the corner on 4 years. Steve has sent some recent pics of work in progress (re-cutting the feed ramp, sight cuts and ejection port modifications) I hope to have it back in my hands in 6 months or so.
    Steve is working very hard to work on some things internally at MARS to get the backlog moved. It is his biggest concern as he knows people are getting impatient. I was actually in the shop when some of the work was being done on my gun. I had NO IDEA how much work is involved in some of the processes and what goes into to really doing things right.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Steve is working very hard to work on some things internally at MARS to get the backlog moved. It is his biggest concern as he knows people are getting impatient. I was actually in the shop when some of the work was being done on my gun. I had NO IDEA how much work is involved in some of the processes and what goes into to really doing things right.
    I knew it would be a while when I dropped it off. Steve has been awesome to deal with; he has promptly returned every call, text or email I have ever sent. I look forward to visiting with him when it is done and I go down to pick it up. When he gets caught up I have a Colt Rail Gun I plan on handing over to him for some TLC similar to the one that you recently posted.

Here is my only 1911. A Sig Traditional Compact Stainless. I wanted a CCO configuration 1911 to play with. Haven't shot it much yet but so far it is impressing me. But my G19 is still my EDC.

That compact SIG is in the same configuration as my next gun coming from Steve at MARS. The FAG Gun (former action guy gun) is a steel officers frame with a combat commander slide. I really like that configuration for a compact. Nice stuff.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

My newest 1911. Steve Morrison custom from Mars Armament. Black and sniper gray Cerakote.
    Looks beautiful and I'm sure it shoots as good as it looks! Excellent job by Steve! I'm very jealous

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    BLR mentioned Kelsey and Boland being true SMEs on the 1911 platform. Aside from seeing pretty pics of Kelseys 1911's on Wayne Novak's site, I have no real idea what he was doing to the 1911.
    Gray needs to be lumped in there too, as a SME on 1911s anyway.

That was my mistake.

The FAG Gun
    ...snicker...

Sorry couldn't help it. I'm so juvenile.

I really would like to carry my 1911 but my budget and inability to decide on an IWB holster have kept me from doing so. If anyone of you has an IWB holster for a Commander size 1911 that you would like to get rid of please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    ...snicker...

Sorry couldn't help it. I'm so juvenile.
    Dude, funny is funny at any age. I choked on my coffee when I read that.

Site Supporter
    Here is my new Wilson CQB .45 ACP:

It has the Wilson Tactical Ambi Safety, Wilson rear Battlesight, Tritium front sight, and a Round Butt Magwell.

User Tag List