Page 32 of 306 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast

Thread: 1911 picture thread

Here's a pic of an integral feedramp barrel, that has been shortened, and part of the feedramp integrated to the frame:

Boland has also been known to move the pin location on the frame. Understanding his motives are way above my pay grade, but I can only assume he's messing with the timing.

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    Here's a pic of an integral feedramp barrel, that has been shortened, and part of the feedramp integrated to the frame:

Boland has also been known to move the pin location on the frame. Understanding his motives are way above my pay grade, but I can only assume he's messing with the timing.

That mod is why his guns runs so well.The feed ramp is fixed, but the chamber is supported. Brilliant, eh?

Look up the FK, or Super9 build, where he made a double stack 9mm out of a 1911, utilising HK P7M13 mags, and had the frame/slide rails inverted. The madness/genius will be quite evident
    I read an article on that; it's bonkers. There's been a run of good Boland posts on the forum in the last few days; it's been a really interesting education on real gunsmithing mastery.

BLR mentioned Kelsey and Boland being true SMEs on the 1911 platform. Aside from seeing pretty pics of Kelseys 1911's on Wayne Novak's site, I have no real idea what he was doing to the 1911.

I had intentions to bid on a Devel 39 this weekend. It eventually sold for $4200 (including auction fees), so it wasn't meant to be.

I've only seen Boland, Jiminea, and Kelsey flare a 1911 magwell beautifully

Did not know there was a 1911 thread...here s my only 1911:

Would like some better grips...and some mags and a holster or two for it. Just don't know much about 1911s.

Quote Originally Posted by ffhounddog View Post
    Did not know there was a 1911 thread...here s my only 1911:
    Well, that's a nice one. Is it nickel-plated?

I would be so afraid of scratching it I'd never take it out of the safe.

Its nickel, very good but never been much of a 1911 guy. Actually made fun of people with a 1911 until my good friend Andy was shooting one and I almost bought a les bear from him in 38 super after him teaching me to shoot one.

BLR mentioned Kelsey and Boland being true SMEs on the 1911 platform. Aside from seeing pretty pics of Kelseys 1911's on Wayne Novak's site, I have no real idea what he was doing to the 1911.

I had intentions to bid on a Devel 39 this weekend. It eventually sold for $4200 (including auction fees), so it wasn't meant to be.

I've only seen Boland, Jiminea, and Kelsey flare a 1911 magwell beautifully
    Now there is a blast from the past. Reminds me of a jr. high project I did on IPSC, and my dad took me to watch the Bianchi Cup as a reward. Those were the days, my friends.

User Tag List