Page 83 of 250 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133183 ... LastLast

Thread: Pets!

This is Oreo. She was our first dog here in our own home. She grew up here and stood guard over my children with me. She comforted my son when he couldn't seem to connect with humans. She trained her sister, Ginger, and brought her into our family.
    She was 14 years old this morning, and I had the job of taking her to the vet to be euthanized. Her pain has become constant, and even with all the meds we've tried over the last few weeks, she can't reliably stand or walk. I'm the only person in the family who can carry her in or out of the house.
    She was my companion, partner and protector. I will not forget her.

"Your hands than mine are quicker for a fray.
    My legs are longer though, to run away."
    --Helena of Athens

We are diminished
    Very sorry, Don. Know that you helped her avoid needless pain after giving her a wonderful and long life.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Awesome! Freyja would figure out how to fly a commercial jetliner if her reward was some vanilla DQ.
    Yeah man. He refuses to take his heartguard pill any other way than crushed up and mixed with some vanilla ice cream. We did that once and he's smart enough to refuse it any other way now, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Gwinn View Post

This is Oreo. She was our first dog here in our own home. She grew up here and stood guard over my children with me. She comforted my son when he couldn't seem to connect with humans. She trained her sister, Ginger, and brought her into our family.
    She was 14 years old this morning, and I had the job of taking her to the vet to be euthanized. Her pain has become constant, and even with all the meds we've tried over the last few weeks, she can't reliably stand or walk. I'm the only person in the family who can carry her in or out of the house.
    She was my companion, partner and protector. I will not forget her.
    They are amazing creatures. It sounds like she had a full and meaningful life.
    The opinions above are my own and do not represent any current or former employer.

Thanks, guys. Little torn up today, but yeah, she was a good one.

"Your hands than mine are quicker for a fray.
    My legs are longer though, to run away."
    --Helena of Athens

Quote Originally Posted by Don Gwinn View Post
    Thanks, guys. Little torn up today, but yeah, she was a good one.
    We lost our ten year old basset last week, I feel your pain.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Fuminator brush clone (MUCH cheaper), and 5 minutes or so on ONE side of my GSD. Highly recommend this brush. I've gotten three piles of fur like this from my freshly bathed dog and am finally making progress.

I got one of these the other day, and wow, am I impressed. I've got 2 German Shedders who are blowing their coats this time of year. Where I brush them at out in the yard it looks like I ran over a nest of rabbits!

I was going to try and attach a couple pics of the GSD's but it looks like I don't have permission to do so yet.

Name:  DSC_0025copy.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  42.9 KB

This is my female GS, she was a gift to my wife after my I got home from a deployment. She ended up being a huge help to me when I transitioned out of the military (gave me something to focus my energy and time on).

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian S View Post
    I was going to try and attach a couple pics of the GSD's but it looks like I don't have permission to do so yet.
    You can sign up for a free photo hosting account at some place like photobucket. Post your photos into your account there and then embed them here using the "Insert Image" button in the reply window's toolbar.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Brian S View Post
    If you have an Android phone, it comes with a Google account which includes online hosting of photos.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

User Tag List