Page 79 of 250 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129179 ... LastLast

Thread: Pets!

Site Supporter
    That 2nd pic is awesome Sean.

Much agree, they are awesome.

Have a safe drive home.

Nice. Little man'll be riding that puppy like a horse soon.
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

Pets!

I had the chance to visit with a buddie who has a litter of Dutch Shepherd pups. I helped him tucker them out the other day. They are very cute but I have matching punctures on both arms. He has three left for sale. It is very tempting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by MDS View Post
    Nice. Little man'll be riding that puppy like a horse soon.
    As soon as her heart is healthy enough.........I am seriously considering commissioning JRC for a custom saddle.......with a scabbard for his single shot, bolt action Cricket.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Spr1 View Post
    So, after the death of our last dog, We are now looking for a decent watchdog (not necessarily one that can take matters into it's own jaws) and also a good running companion. I have recently read some good things about German Shorthairs. Thoughts?
    My last dog was a Chessie. He was a great watch dog, but somewhat prone to being aggressive -- really strong, great swimmer. Great dog. My German Shorthair is very watchy, and is a good alarm dog. I don't worry about him biting anybody unprovoked, but he does have a good growl.

Great dog if you can exercise them -- hard -- regularly. I hunt with mine, and he loves it. I don't know if I'd recommend a German Shorthair to someone who doesn't upland hunt -- or live where they can run in big open fields -- but you might be able to find a gun-shy dog that's free to a good home that would make a good running companion.
    I actually got mine free to a good home at almost 2. He wasn't gunshy, but he just was too much work for the family who had him, who had some tragic events in their lives.

OK, disclosure up front: I love cats... not sure why, I just do. We currently have 4 that we've rescued at various times... 3 are my kids' pets and the other, a siamese, is one we fostered that I just couldn't send off to the shelter.

Anyway, over the past 6 weeks we have been fostering 3 kittens for the local Humane Society - they were feral and sickly when we took them in and we've got them healthy and socialized. I took them back today and... well, it has been a hard day. I hope they all find good homes quickly. :'-(
    "A man's character is his fate."

Charlie learning some facts of life.

The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MDS View Post
    Charlie learning some facts of life.

The only other people I know that own a Cornish Rex also live in Denver.
    What is it with you Denver people?

Actually, they had two. Very cool cats.

Charlie will get over it once he learns the pecking order.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    The only other people I know that own a Cornish Rex also live in Denver.
    What is it with you Denver people?

Actually, they had two. Very cool cats.

Charlie will get over it once he learns the pecking order.
    We actually got her when we lived in Texas, from a breeder a half hour west of Fort Worth. She's a lone star native, like my older son.

And yeah, she's cool. But when she's annoyed, as I reminded my friend lately, she's 3.75 pounds of cold hard razor-sharp tudo vale fury, and Charlie will learn that or bleed out on the carpet...

User Tag List