Page 31 of 250 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast

Thread: Pets!

Dang Todd... glad it all turned out ok. My heart was fluttering reading the first part of your post.
    I train to be better than I was yesterday. -F2S

#RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    If you ever get to meet Nacho (LilL's Mal, pictured above), believe me the last thing he's worried about is you mistaking him for a milquetoast. He can go from playful to "get the F away from me and mine" and back without breaking stride. Nacho is truly an awesome dog.
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Lab to Maligator in .3 seconds

I'm familiar. The agency's previous Mal was a push over until time to go to work. The current one requires an armed guard though...

Tug of war with the mighty, unmanageable Belgian Malinois. I watched this for 5 minutes. The same dog that plays almost too rough with me dialed it way back to play with my daughter. Yeah, I'm not good at fixing her hair

#RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Tug of war with the mighty, unmanageable Belgian Malinois. I watched this for 5 minutes. The same dog that plays almost too rough with me dialed it way back to play with my daughter. Yeah, I'm not good at fixing her hair

It's funny, but the smart ones (dogs) seem to dial it back so well based upon who their playmates are. My SS plays hard with me, a little lighter with my wife, lighter still with my 7 yo grandson, and is just a big ol' stuffed animal with my next door neighbor's 2 yo baby girl... and she's the one who always wants to play tug with him. It's a great thing to watch. Good for the soul too.

As far as her hair goes... she's just gonna mess it up again, right?
    Last edited by Corlissimo; 10-23-2012 at 01:04 PM. Reason: stupid spelling that would reveal I'm ignorant.
    If you can't taste the sarcasm, try licking the screen.

Gettin’ old and blind ain’t for sissies. ~ 41Magfan

Talon last Sunday after the end of my shift. "Glad you're home Dad!"

Lucy the brindle Dachshund. I call her mini me. She is a rescue dog my wife found.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Sophie moved in today. She immediately attacked the vacuum cleaner so as to establish dominance. She is a Teddy Roosevelt Terrier which is a distinctive short-legged variety of Rat Terrier. She will probably be about 12 pounds when full grown.

When I tried to take pictures of her at home, she barked at the camera:

When I tried to get video of her barking at the camera, she would only partially cooperate:

It's amazing how fast she can swap ends while running. When I fed her, she would go get a since piece of food and then come running back to sit beside me while she ate it.

I've been laughing at her antics all evening. Space considerations limit choice of breeds for me. I don't need anything big enough to scare away folks. I just need something to alert me to their presence.

My girlfriend trains diabedic alert dogs so here is the normal crew at the house with the exception of the german short hair who belongs to a friend of mine that was staying for the weekend. The white one in the top left is mine.

Astro on Kodiak, on our blacktail deer hunt:

Name:  Astro.jpg
Views: 476
Size:  99.1 KB

Can't let this thread go entirely to the dogs.

Charlie, trying to look tough:

Attachment 1129

10/29/2012 (@4 months)

Male Maine Coon Brown Mackerel
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

User Tag List