LSHD Murphy Strikes! (1 Day)
"Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong."
The Murphy Strikes! workshop is a one-day class focused on gun handling - all while maintaining the usual high LSHD marksmanship standards. This workshop drills students on strong hand only (SHO) and weak hand only (WHO) shooting, manipulations, and malfunction clearance techniques.
Students will shoot unfamiliar weapons and will shoot from uncommon positions and orientations; point shooting techniques will also be covered. Reactive and steel targets will be used in various drills to facilitate a problem-solving mindset and driving through to achieve a positive outcome. A certain level of physical exertion will take place during some drills - shooters need to be honest about their physical condition.
- Successful completion of VSM Pistol Basic, or equivalent as determined case-by-case.
- Should be able to hit a 1" square slow fire on demand at 3 yards.
- Should be able to draw (concealment garment not required), place 5 rounds into a 6" circle, perform an emergency reload, and place two additional rounds into a 3.5" square at 7 yards in 12 seconds.
Click here for sample targets to download and print. When printing, ensure that the image is 1 : 1 ratio.
- Eye & Ear protection (electronic hearing protection is strongly recommended)
- Serviceable handgun of at least 9mm Para caliber
- Serviceable holster - BLACKHAWK! SERPA holsters are not permitted
- Minimum 1 double magazine pouch for single stack guns, or 1 single pouch for double stack guns
- Minimum of 3 serviceable magazines (5 is better)
- 650 rounds of ammo – factory service type (no reloads)
- Suitable range wear depending on the season
- Minimum of 10 Action Trainer Dummy Rounds in your handgun caliber
- Good attitude
Enrollment & Payment