Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: FNS-9

According to Northern Red's facebook page they are going to T&E FNS9's due to Dave Sevigny's recommendation. Should be a good measure of the FNS's durability.

Apparently they were having problems with their Gen3 Glocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparks2112 View Post
    Anyone noticed the fns9 doesn't seem to get as dirty as other comparable pistols?
    Now that you mention it, mine is not dirty at all... 12 magazines worth isn't exactly a lot of rounds, but the GA Arms ammo I shoot is usually pretty dirty in my Glocks.

Quote Originally Posted by JB326 View Post
    Now that you mention it, mine is not dirty at all... 12 magazines worth isn't exactly a lot of rounds, but the GA Arms ammo I shoot is usually pretty dirty in my Glocks.
    I've got about 2500 rounds through one and it hasn't been cleaned yet. I had it apart yesterday and it doesn't look much different than when I cleaned it before initially firing it. I think the lockup is so tight it lends itself to running very clean.
    J.M. Johnston
    Host of Ballistic Radio - Sundays at 7:00 PM EST on Cincinnati's 55KRC THE Talk Station, available on iHeartRadio

So I finally got to look at one a few minutes ago. I *really* like the ergos, but I think the example I looked at may have been broken. The trigger had an odd catch about halfway through the pretravel, and I couldn't figure out how to break the thing down. Slide locked back, flip the release lever, release the slide and nothing. Trigger wouldn't drop to release the slide and having the safety on or off didn't seem to make any difference. The employees working didn't even know they had the gun before I asked, so they weren't really any help. Was I derping it up or could it have been the gun?

That said, l liked what I saw quite a bit. Great ergos, very grippy, and, assuming the trigger is actually supposed to pretravel that much, a break that was very different from the M&P I'm shooting now. The safety is a nice bonus for AIWB though small enough it'd be useless once the gun is holstered. I'm seriously thinking about it since I've had a long, six month plus hiatus from shooting seriously due to work and I'll have to build back up anyway.

I took the intro class to Practical Pistol at my gun club. Shot two stages with the FNS. God I love this thing! Flawless. Watched an SR9c shit the bed. A few 1911 snafus and a couple Glock screwups too. No regrets.

I reckon it might be a mite heavy, at 25 lbs.

http://www.fnherstal.com/index.php?i...detail=&cHash=
    All the world's a lathe.

I'm still around 1350 round for my 2000 round challenge and I absolutely love this gun. More so than my old M&P9 FS

Quote Originally Posted by TCz View Post
    I reckon it might be a mite heavy, at 25 lbs.

http://www.fnherstal.com/index.php?i...detail=&cHash=
    http://www.fnhusa.com/le/products/fi...73&mid=FNM0204

Wrong side of the pond.

Quote Originally Posted by motorjon68 View Post
    Yes, but they listed the pistol's weight as 25 lbs. I found it amusing.

Actually, I just noticed that their metric unit is wrong too. gr is the abbreviation for grain (1/7000th of a lb), whereas g is the appropriate abbreviation for gram.
    Last edited by TCz; 03-22-2012 at 11:26 PM. Reason: further dimensional amusement
    All the world's a lathe.

I traded mine towards a HK P30 9mm.
    My shooting got worse with the FNS every range session.
    The trigger was messing me up but I am no pro shooter by any means.
    Very happy with the P30.
    I did a freaky group right out of the box with the FNS but never came close to shooting it as good after that.

User Tag List