Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: FNS-9

Per the manual detail stripping is suggested only for trained factory personnel.
    J.M. Johnston
    Host of Ballistic Radio - Sundays at 7:00 PM EST on Cincinnati's 55KRC THE Talk Station, available on iHeartRadio

the FNS-9 has become my new favorite striker-fire pistol

I spent a lot of time reading this thread and the PPQ thread and as my interest in the PPQ waned my interest in the FNS increased.
    Last edited by mrozowjj; 03-01-2012 at 01:03 PM.

I only managed to detail strip the slide.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmo M3 View Post
    the FNS-9 has become my new favorite striker-fire pistol
    How is the accuracy and recoil, compared with a Glock?

Fn strikes me as more accurate with slightly more flip than a g17 gen 3. Shorter slide probably accounts for this.
    J.M. Johnston
    Host of Ballistic Radio - Sundays at 7:00 PM EST on Cincinnati's 55KRC THE Talk Station, available on iHeartRadio

Quote Originally Posted by Sparks2112 View Post
    Per the manual detail stripping is suggested only for trained factory personnel.

Is that trained factory personnel or factory trained personnel?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparks2112 View Post
    Fn strikes me as more accurate with slightly more flip than a g17 gen 3. Shorter slide probably accounts for this.
    I put 100 rounds down the pipe today. I agree with Spark's impression exactly. Points truer but flips a bit more than a G17. Thought I'd love the flat backstrap but put the roundedback on. Great gun. BTW, I bought a Fobus holster for a Springfield XD, HS2000/.40/9mm/.45 H&K2000 SP11 paddle holster. $22. Fits like it was made for the FNS.

I received a trotac owb kydex holster for t&e yesterday in the mail. I've not carried with it yet but initial impressions are extremely positive and I find myself pretty impressed so far. I'll post a thread and have some pics for everyone in a couple of weeks after I carry it for awhile. Full disclosure I did not pay anything for this holster and will be returning it at the end of the t&e.
    J.M. Johnston

I watched a video of Dave Sivigny (sorry if I misspelled his name) shooting the FNS and my impression was it did seem to have more muzzle flip than a Glock in his hands.

User Tag List