Page 85 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast

Thread: New Wilson Beretta -- Centurion Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by Rmiked View Post
    Forgive my ignorance but “staking” is just mechanically deforming the steel, creating an interference? If you wanted to remove the front sight,will a sight pusher tool (like Wheeler tool) still move it laterally?
    BTW: read the Beretta 92 rear sights come out right to left,looking from shooter position-behind pistol. Is front sight the same ?
    A proper amount of directed force will break the interference between the two parts.

Traditional removal of dovetails is right to left, and installs being the reverse. Some manufacturers can go either way, so it’s best to stick to the traditional way of removal... that way you don’t ever mess up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I want to see someone running down the street with a sims-gun shrieking 'I am the first revelation' " - SouthNarc

Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    There are a couple of threads on Beretta Forum about the staking. Also some about the front sight being quite loose in the Vertec slides Beretta is selling. Some thought maybe that is the blem and reason they are on sale. Now I see this on a Wilson gun which I would have assumed would be manufactured correctly. I don't know, but that stake job sure is ugly isn't it?
    One man’s ugly stake mark is another mans security blanket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I want to see someone running down the street with a sims-gun shrieking 'I am the first revelation' " - SouthNarc

Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    There are a couple of threads on Beretta Forum about the staking. Also some about the front sight being quite loose in the Vertec slides Beretta is selling. Some thought maybe that is the blem and reason they are on sale. Now I see this on a Wilson gun which I would have assumed would be manufactured correctly. I don't know, but that stake job sure is ugly isn't it?
    Aha, still some reason for the 92FS/M9's with the integral front sight, they don't ever come loose and don't need staking.

I have a 92A1 (Italian, but I guess all 92A1s are). The front dovetail sight has no stake and is not moving w/o some serious force. I can see it is insurance to accommodate some manufacturing tolerances (perhaps not being tight). As long as it can be removed if someone wanted another sight, shouldn’t be a big deal.

The front dovetail on my new vertec slide was on the loose side. Not rattley-loose, but loose enough to handpush the front sight completely in place. I used red loctite and staked the front using the same cheapo center punch I use to stake castle nuts. The puppy aint coming out until I "ask" it too.

My blemished vertec slide had a staked on fs. It pushed off easy enough with a tool and the Wilson front sight had plenty, but not to much, resistance going in.

Name:  9B31F7C4-8656-43FD-AEBE-E25237253E31.jpg
Views: 967
Size:  76.2 KB
    So this showed up today with the action tune. I am just amazed on how smooth it is. Range visit tomorrow weather permitting. I am going to blame @GJM and @Dagga Boy for this addition you guys pushed me over the edge on this one!
    Last edited by CDFIII; 12-30-2017 at 01:16 PM.

This is now next on my list. Since joining this forum, I have found JM Custom Holsters and Tau Development Group. If my wife knew how much this forum was costing me, I'd have a hard time finding my iPad or phone...

Quote Originally Posted by CDFIII View Post
    Name:  9B31F7C4-8656-43FD-AEBE-E25237253E31.jpg
Views: 967
Size:  76.2 KB
    So this showed up today with the action tune. I am just amazed on how smooth it is. Range visit tomorrow weather permitting. I am going to blame @GJM and @Dagga Boy for this addition you guys pushed me over the edge on this one!

Holster is en-route from JM. In the meantime I’ll be running it out of my M9A1/3 holster. Fits well enough. Anyone else have issues loading the supplied 20 round mag to capacity? Holyfuckingshit that magazine spring is TIGHT!!! It’s everythjng I can do using an UpLULA mag loader to get 15 in there. I think I’m gonna leave 15 in there for a week then try to cram a few more rounds in then let it sit for another week...or maybe a month.
    Shoot more, post less...

Haven’t been able to get more than 11 rounds in the 20 round mag.Was wondering if it was just old weak fingers?!? That’s my only complaint everything else seems first rate( a second one with action tune is enroute)!!

User Tag List