Page 83 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast

Thread: New Wilson Beretta -- Centurion Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by Papalapa View Post
    I’ve been looking, like everyone else, for one and all I can find are the ones with an action tune. I wanted one without so I could send it in and have the Wilson trigger bar installed during the tune. I had Wilson run my 92A1 through the whole upgrade spa treatment a couple of years ago including the action tune with chrome silicone springs, but I forgot to add the trigger bar. The trigger job they did on the 92A1 is great but occasionally on the harder NATO primers it won’t ignite in single action. I was hoping the trigger bar would fix this. Can anybody confirm if the Wilson trigger bar would help on harder primers or should I just grab a Centurion with the action tune already and keep going?
    It should in theory because of how it increases hammer arc. There are multiple variables due to how it works with your particular hammer and spring combo.

The other advantage of the bar is that it is more durable and is easier to tune up vs the factory bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I want to see someone running down the street with a sims-gun shrieking 'I am the first revelation' " - SouthNarc

I don’t have any 92’s but this Centurion seems interesting. Worth ordering for someone that’ll probably only have one 92? Or should I get an m9a3?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by pew_pew View Post
    I don’t have any 92’s but this Centurion seems interesting. Worth ordering for someone that’ll probably only have one 92? Or should I get an m9a3?
    What are your personal criteria for a new pistol? Match each of those choices against those criteria and decide based on that. Your question is sort of vague and hard to answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    What are your personal criteria for a new pistol? Match each of those choices against those criteria and decide based on that. Your question is sort of vague and hard to answer.
    Ahh right I forgot I’m on PF. It’d just be for fun at the range and collecting. They aren’t ideal for competition or carry so yea.

Ahh right I forgot I’m on PF. It’d just be for fun at the range and collecting. They aren’t ideal for competition or carry so yea.
    I could get rid of every Beretta 92 I have and be happy with a CenTac. With that said, for the money, the Langdon M9 is everything you need and nothing you don’t in a Beretta 92. With some very minor mods you could easily do some competitive stuff with it as well.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Self control? What’s that? I caved...bought the last Action Tuned CenTac from Shooter’s Connection last night. Hopefully it’ll be here by the weekend
    Shoot more, post less...

Site Supporter
    Then I guess compare the CenTac vs. the M9A3 on price -- is the CenTac worth the additional cost to you?

Also, have you fired either a full size 92 or a 92 Compact? Many folks like the way the shorter slide shoots vs. the full size. In my case I shoot my 92 Compact a little better than my 92 Brigadier and the Compact has the same length slide as the CenTac. The Centurion / CenTac with its full size grip frame might represent a sweet spot for shoot-ability for many.

And what DB said.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    I could get rid of every Beretta 92 I have and be happy with a CenTac. With that said, for the money, the Langdon M9 is everything you need and nothing you don’t in a Beretta 92. With some very minor mods you could easily do some competitive stuff with it as well.
    Depends on your use

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Then I guess compare the CenTac vs. the M9A3 on price -- is the CenTac worth the additional cost to you?

Also, have you fired either a full size 92 or a 92 Compact? Many folks like the way the shorter slide shoots vs. the full size. In my case I shoot my 92 Compact a little better than my 92 Brigadier and the Compact has the same length slide as the CenTac. The Centurion / CenTac with its full size grip frame might represent a sweet spot for shoot-ability for many.

And what DB said.
    I learned how to shoot on a 92. It’s been a while though. I was like 12. The CenTac seems sweet though. I think I’ll go that route as long as the wait isn’t too bad.

My CenTac came in from Shooters Connection tonight. I immediately picked it up at the range and shot 100 rounds this evening.
    Name:  IMG_2394.jpg
Views: 864
Size:  72.7 KB
    47 out of 50 on TDA Dot Torture- one of my best scores ever. For the millions who don't read my training journal- I just started shooting SHO/WHO a few months ago. So I'm happy with my score today.
    Name:  IMG_2397.jpg
Views: 778
Size:  50.3 KB
    Best Test ever with a 97 in 9.80 seconds.

Went to 15 yards on the walk back drill with 3x5 card.
    This pistol is awesome. It does have the action tune and the trigger is pretty light. If anyone has measured it- what are you seeing? I'm sure it's on this thread somewhere. I still have two ordered through Wilson Combat and need to decide if i get the action tune done on them.
    Oh- and my Brig Tac from Palmguy is due in tomorrow!
    The CenTac is everything I hoped it would be.
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

User Tag List