Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG hits another ball out of the park...

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    ...except I can type out a long list of departments that don't have carbines in the cruisers of every officer or even of any officer. In a lot of departments the carbines are locked in an armory and cannot be taken out on the road by policy without some sort of defcon 3 status being enacted by a senior commander. Active shooters tend to be severely impolite and refuse to inform the police of their evil intentions ahead of time.

Thus the stupid pistol chassis thing in the trunk beats the much more effective carbine that you can't have...and that's probably not been cleaned since last qual day...and that the optic doesn't work on...etc.

Is that how things should be? Hell no. That is, unfortunately, how things are in some places.
    If a PD either doesn't have the money for a carbine, or doesn't allow them to be taken out in a squad car, then I don't see why they're going to buy this or let this be taken out.

If a carbine hasn't been cleaned since qual day, then chances are their pistol hasn't been cleaned since qual day either. If the optic on their carbine doesn't work, then I don't see how an optic on this is going to fair any better.

Anyone can think up strawman arguments for this, but it still doesn't serve any practical purpose or usefulness that a shotgun, SMG or carbine already fill. It doesn't even fill a niche role like certain SMG's.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Why does the whole "snap yer sig into a carbine chassis" thing bring up that scene from "The Naked Gun" where Norbert began snapping on bits onto his pistol, right until he wound up with a Bofors 40mm...

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    then I don't see why they're going to buy this or let this be taken out.
    ...because it's not another gun and it's highly inconvenient to do stupid things with.

I'm not saying the logic is unassailable, I'm just saying that's how the minds of some PD's work.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    ...except I can type out a long list of departments that don't have carbines in the cruisers of every officer or even of any officer. In a lot of departments the carbines are locked in an armory and cannot be taken out on the road by policy without some sort of defcon 3 status being enacted by a senior commander. Active shooters tend to be severely impolite and refuse to inform the police of their evil intentions ahead of time.

Thus the stupid pistol chassis thing in the trunk beats the much more effective carbine that you can't have...and that's probably not been cleaned since last qual day...and that the optic doesn't work on...etc.

Is that how things should be? Hell no. That is, unfortunately, how things are in some places.
    You make a good point I can agree with here. I guess it could be useful for Depts/officers in this position.

Like mentioned ealier, I'm curious about its ability to retain zero.

Your point aside, it still seems like another gimmick put out by Sig

Another issue is safety.

A pistol without a manual safety is generally "safe" because it's usually in a holster when not actually shooting at someone.

I would not consider a shoulder fired weapon without a manual safety to be a good idea since the trigger can get snagged on gear, or by a finger while playing fisticuffs with someone.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Rappahannock View Post
    I don't find this half as offensive as some of the bone-head finishes and shiny bullshit bling that SIG has used as a marketing tool lately.
    You mean you dont like the Rainbow finish or the Diamond Plate they came out with?
    Or the Dont Tread on Me P226

Add facepalm pic here>

Quote Originally Posted by joe in png View Post
    why does the whole "snap yer sig into a carbine chassis" thing bring up that scene from "the naked gun" where norbert began snapping on bits onto his pistol, right until he wound up with a bofors 40mm...
    awesome reference.
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Another issue is safety.

A pistol without a manual safety is generally "safe" because it's usually in a holster when not actually shooting at someone.

I would not consider a shoulder fired weapon without a manual safety to be a good idea since the trigger can get snagged on gear, or by a finger while playing fisticuffs with someone.

Thoughts?
    I though of this also, but as long as the user remembers to decock, seems like it would be fine.
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    I though of this also, but as long as the user remembers to decock, seems like it would be fine.
    It can be used with any gun, though.

So those guys with Glocks and M&P's aren't going to have much room for error.

Another comment about the usefulness:
    In order to actually use this, you need to put a mount on the rail. So unless a PD spends the money to buy all new holsters to accept this rail device, you're going to be sitting there assembling this thing instead of doing what needs to be done: Influencing the situation.

Again, no usefulness besides straw man arguments.

Can I just have $150 or so for used H&R Handi Rifle to fire the single rifle round that you issued me for depressing the detent?

User Tag List