Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New (Glock) Model Launch Party

New (Glock) Model Launch Party

I got an e-mail from the local range/store that they would be holding a New Model Launch Party on August 25th, with a new Glock to be unveiled at midnight. $10 to shoot the new gun and opportunity to buy from the first delivery.

Any inside information on that? I presume it to be Gen 5 which I expect to look a lot like the M guns. But I don't know for sure and the dealer isn't saying.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    I got an e-mail from the local range/store that they would be holding a New Model Launch Party on August 25th, with a new Glock to be unveiled at midnight. $10 to shoot the new gun and opportunity to buy from the first delivery.

Any inside information on that? I presume it to be Gen 5 which I expect to look a lot like the M guns. But I don't know for sure and the dealer isn't saying.
    Your instincts are good.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

are other dealers chosen for this promo event also charging $10 for the privilege of shooting it? i saw one place was having a random drawing to select the only 2 customers allowed to shoot it.

My store says they are one of 100 dealers in on the deal.
    They will draw for the FIRST two customers to shoot.

Full text:
    Glock is having an Exclusive New Model Launch Party at Cypress Creek Indoor Range!!
    We are 1 of only 100 retailers in the US that get to release the new models and give the opportunity for our customers to be the first to shoot them and own them! No other retailer close to the Shoals will have this exclusive access!

And we are letting our members know first!

Friday, August 25th we will have a 'Glock Party' with food, fun, giveaways and more to get ready for the big release at Midnight. That is the absolute earliest we can release any details about the models.

After the models are released, you have the opportunity to purchase one of our limited supply, or shoot one of them in our rental fleet. We will stay until everyone that signs up for the Friday night Glock Party has a chance to shoot. How cool is it that you can shoot one and own one before anyone else?

We will also be open normal hours Saturday, when the party will continue!

The only way to guarantee you have the opportunity to shoot one is to sign up online. You will need to know if you want to participate in the Friday night shoot or Saturday shoot. You get 20 rounds, the pistol rental, eye and ear protection all for only $10!

We are opening the registration up at 6:00 PM on Tuesday August 15th. Although we can't have a member's only event, we are not advertising this event to the public until 7:00 PM on the 15th, so be sure and get online and sign up between 6:00 PM and 7:00 PM!

We will choose a random male and female to be the very first to shoot, and to win some Glock swag! (Friday night participants only)
    Code Name: JET STREAM

My LGS is doing this too.

I was guessing at a single stack .40S&W
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

One lgs is having drawing to chose two shooters, another is drawing to give one away.

ETA: Being as there are two stores in my AO taking part in this, I wonder if it's really limited to 100 stores.
    Last edited by 396; 08-15-2017 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    My LGS is doing this too.

I was guessing at a single stack .40S&W
    I hope that you're wrong, good sir.

I always heard when there's blood in the streets, there's money to be made.

I guess Glock decided to go ahead and roll out the 5s while Sig was shotting themselves in the foot with their 320.

Don't blame 'em and I'm always interested to see something new.

Pretty cool. Something to look forward to in the next 10 days. I'll go ahead and say it: I'd love a 2-pin G26 with no finger grooves, just because. I know the 19 and 17 get all the love because of "M," but there it is.

I should have checked my email before posting, as the range (where I just was a few hours ago; tight-lipped little bastards...) sent me this:

Join us August 26th Midnight Launch Party
    11PM

Doors open
    Enter to win a Glock Prize package and other great prizes
    Range opens for FREE range time (11PM - 2AM)
    Special pricing on all Gen3 & Gen4 Glock pistols

12AM - 2AM

Revealing of the newest Glock
    Prize drawings (12AM & Every 15 Minutes! Must be present to win!)
    Shoot the newest Glock

I'm a night owl anyways; count me way in...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

User Tag List