Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any G43 part updates?

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    You have the original connector. Current G43s have (in my opinion) the nicest OEM pulls, minus connector guns like the 34 exempted.

ETA: You might call Glock at Phone:770-432-1202, and ask them if they can send you a current connector. Never hurts to ask.
    Just got ahold of Dan at Glock and he informed me that if I send my magazines in they'll update them to the current spec free of charge, and that if I talk with my Glock armorer buddy at the PD they'll send a free updated connector to him.

Call took all of 3 minutes and I wasn't put on hold a single time. Two real people. Major points to Glock customer service. Talking to a highway patrol trooper a year back and he said that the reason the agency went from Glock to M&P and then back to Glock was that they missed that service. I see what they mean.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    Any idea what the difference is and/or if it's worth buying new magazines over?

Also I can't find a place to buy a connector for the life of me, Midway and Brownells are both no joy.
    Glockparts.com has the newer G43 connector in stock if you are still looking.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by wrt81 View Post
    Glockparts.com has the newer G43 connector in stock if you are still looking.
    Thanks sir, I'll bookmark for the future.

Vending Machine Operator
    Major major shout out to Glock, bumping specifically for that reason.

In less than two weeks, Glock did not merely replace the guts of my G43 magazines, they gave me two brand new -01 versions for free.

They also sent the updated connector to my armorer for free.

For those keeping track, Glock updated my 2015 G43 to the 2017 spec at absolutely zero cost to me, even though I had said in my cover letter they were welcome to invoice me as necessary.

Attaboy, Glock. Glad my brother carries you to work and glad I carry you under my shirt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried the new connector. Didn't really feel much different. The Ghost Edge is much better

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    Call took all of 3 minutes and I wasn't put on hold a single time. Two real people. Major points to Glock customer service. Talking to a highway patrol trooper a year back and he said that the reason the agency went from Glock to M&P and then back to Glock was that they missed that service. I see what they mean.
    Agreed. Very good CS. Better dependent on who you talk with. Had a situation go from "you pay" to "we pay" just by talking to another rep more willing to listen and keep a customer. Happens everywhere though.
    Last edited by Willard; 08-31-2017 at 06:20 PM.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmetallurgy View Post
    I tried the new connector. Didn't really feel much different. The Ghost Edge is much better
    There's notable improvement in mine, but it's small. Happily more similar to my Gen4s, which should help with shooting familiarity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick way of determining update need, apparently. I called Glock to give them my new Blue Label G43 serial number and ask if it needed any updates, but they didn't need my pistol's SN - just the magazine number. I don't know if he needed the five-digit number on the magazine (mine is "33388."), but misunderstanding the question I gave it to them anyway; what he wanted was the number below that. Mine is "01," so he said my pistol had all the updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaywalker View Post
    Quick way of determining update need, apparently. I called Glock to give them my new Blue Label G43 serial number and ask if it needed any updates, but they didn't need my pistol's SN - just the magazine number. I don't know if he needed the five-digit number on the magazine (mine is "33388."), but misunderstanding the question I gave it to them anyway; what he wanted was the number below that. Mine is "01," so he said my pistol had all the updates.
    Thanks for the info. Calling Glock to check for updates was on my to do list.

User Tag List