Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Volund Gearworks Atlas Belt

Just passing on the knowledge I've gained from others here
    AKA: SkyLine1

Volund Gearworks belt

I just got my belts the other day and I'm head over heels in love with these belts! Talk about an awesome option for ladies!
    They are the best belts ever, especially for me due to the fact that I'm about 5'5 and 100 lbs so the lightness and slim design are such a blessing in comparison to some of the terribly heavy tactical belts that I've worn that end up being like an anchor weight around my waist.

Also they are strong/durable enough to hold my extra mag case with a loaded magazine, my Raven's concealment holster, my heavy HK45c with a Surefire X300 on it and withstand me doing tons of speed drills holstering and unhosltering without loosening or dropping.

Thank you so much for making such awesome belts!!!
    Sarah Scott

How did you get a X300 to work on your HK45C?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
    I'm about 5'5 and 100 lbs ........ extra mag case with a loaded magazine, my Raven's concealment holster, my heavy HK45c with a Surefire X300
    ...... concealed on a 5'5" x 100 frame?

I like to think I have helped people battle through concealment issues but damn... That would be a challenge.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    How did you get a X300 to work on your HK45C?
    it will slide on and stay on without modifications it just wont lock fully back BUT you can do some modifications to the X300 to get a very secure fit... I have an HK 45 USP and an HK45c as my EDC and wanted to put the light the compact.... after asking a few gunsmiths we got it accomplished.....

(mod the existing locking bar and the back of the switch and the rear toggle switch you have to pop off the pinned block, and for the the "P" locking piece you back the locking bar take a spare,
    lock ges into the rail was milled off--anther spec rail was made and pinned and epoxied on) this will make it lock

can be a pain to go through but if you want to do it you can....
    but let's not highjack this thread...
    Sarah Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
    but let's not highjack this thread...
    I have worn my coyote Atlas belt every day since getting it a few months back, and my Wilderness belts now sit unused. I even have a second Atlas belt I bought from JV, in green, that I wear on special occasions.

The Cobra version of the Atlas...

I just got mine today and my initial impression is mixed.
    Nice stiffness.
    High quality design, fit, finish, etc.
    Built like a TANK-I think I'd be comfortable being suspended from a sky scraper with this belt.

The difficulty I have is that this buckle is somewhat cumbersome on my small frame. I've heard that the hook method isn't as infinitesimally adjustable and not as secure.

This thing is secure, but a bit bulky.

Here are some pictures. If you think I should swap it for the c-hook/clamp closure, feel free to call me out. I'd rather be comfortable.

ETA: I'll try to do some draw strokes with this belt tonight and give an update if I notice a big difference from my normal leather belt.
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

For AIWB, I've found that buckes at the 2:30 or 9:30 position work better.

I would definitely swap the buckle, that thing looks huge. Check my video review to see how much smaller the hook is.

J.Ja
    Owner/President of Titanium Crowbar, LLC

User Tag List