Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Performance Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Acknowledging that performance improvements over time are more important than spot assessments, pistol-forum.com is presenting the 2012 Performance Challenge. The purpose is to measure raw accuracy, speed, and gun handling at the beginning and end of the year to see if your efforts on the range are actually paying off.

The drills used will be the Bullseye Threeway (aka "300") and the F.A.S.T.

STEP ONE:
    In January 2012, shoot the 300 twice and the F.A.S.T. three times in one day. Repeat on a second day during the month. You will have a total of four 300 scores and six .
    Dumb question, is the 300 to be shot off hand, or is kneeling/sitting permitted?

We are diminished
    Prdator -- I considered mandating use of the same gun at both ends of the challenge, but I don't know if I'll be shooting the same gun come December. And really, if you switch guns (assuming you're using your normal carry gun) then it's legitimate to see how you shoot with it.

GJM -- I'd never really given it any thought, but the drill was certainly intended to be shot off hand standing.

I'm in. After a dismal score in the Bullseye Three Way followed by a strong showing in the FAST DotW, its apparent that my skill set is horribly lopsided. I plan to take a stab at the IDPA Classifier this year, so the SHO and WHO practice needed to improve my BTW will be time well spent.

Yup, I'm in. Headed to the range friday, in fact.

Some of my results posted here

I forgot to shoot the 2nd 300, so I have to get back to the range and do that part over still. Hopefully I will do better.

Count this noob in...or is it nubin?

I'm definitely in for this. I need to print off targets and pick up some more ball ammo. Will post scores and times later this month.

Im in too.
    "I want to see someone running down the street with a sims-gun shrieking 'I am the first revelation' " - SouthNarc

the DotW was a great idea and turning it into a performance challenge is even better. I'm bummed that the indoor ranges by me will not let you draw from a holster or rapid fire so I'm limited in the drills I can participate in.

I'm in. Good, fun motivation to keep practicing.

User Tag List